AlgoForce E1500 - NEW PI DETECTOR FROM EX MINELAB ENGINEER

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So where can you get a powerbank?
Pretty much any electronics store, Jaycar, Altronics, Officeworks, JB HiFi, camping shops and most phone kiosks have them. I've even seen them sold in supermarket stationary sections.

I've been using a 16000 mAh one, with solar charging and built in flash light. It has a nice robust case as well. Just mount the solar panel facing upright when fitting it on the detector. It's the same one as seen in this photo:

pic_003.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, I understand, but I found a P.I. 10ah bank for $35 but only rated for 6ah. The bigger ones like 20ah go straight up to $130 and are rather large.
Another question, where do you put the bank? Its 15x7x2 cm !!!
Does it fit on the detector?
Good point - Goto the Algoforce website & download the manual. You can see the powerbank is held on under the armrest by a couple of straps so it can take a range of sizes but dunno size limitation.

I have a couple 10Ahr power banks and they are pretty small - see below. One is actually just a shell that you can load with your own 18650 batteries & that way you know the quality but even a 6 Ahr pack should keep you going ~ 8 hrs.

Attachments

• 20240128_102619.jpg
    20240128_102619.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 1
It has many good features, but I think the limitation of fixed ground balance will make it a PITA for raw prospecting / patch hunting in variable grounds ( most of WA ).
If they could get auto ground tracking on it, which would allow it to be a lightweight patch hunter, it would be a big winner!

It has many good features, but I think the limitation of fixed ground balance will make it a PITA for raw prospecting / patch hunting in variable grounds ( most of WA ).
If they could get auto ground tracking on it, which would allow it to be a lightweight patch hunter, it would be a big winner!
Depends on how quick it goes out of balance. How many GP3500 - GPX5000 users ran in Fixed vs Tracking?? I'd say a much higher percentage used Fixed and re-balanced with the Quick track button.

There already are good detectors for looking for patches in the wide open spaces like WA, but what about the guys looking for patches in totally different terrain? Like very hilly rocky areas, with lots of low lying scrub etc. The E1500 with a Sadie will be ideal. At the end of the day, it's another prospecting tool option, so it's up to the individual prospector to see if it will fit in their kit.

Last edited:
I guess I should have checked the prices before I made a statement :rolleyes:. That makes the price look a lot more attractive and I do like some of the features.
You're right actually. Someone looking for their first detector is likely going to consider a used sdc2300, which is right around the $3000 price point at this time.

Depends on how quick it goes out of balance. How many GP3500 - GPX5000 users ran in Fixed vs Tracking?? I'd say a much higher percentage used Fixed and re-balanced with the Quick track button.

There already are good detectors for looking for patches in the wide open spaces like WA, but what about the guys looking for patches in totally different terrain? Like very hilly rocky areas, with lots of low lying scrub etc. The E1500 with a Sadie will be ideal. At the end of the day, it's another prospecting tool option, so it's up to the individual prospector to see if it will fit in their kit.

Nenad, Is the conductive target ID similar to what you'd find on a coin and relic detector?

Nenad, Is the conductive target ID similar to what you'd find on a coin and relic detector?
Moneybox,
I’m pretty sure it’s there to tell you about the size, and therefore relative conductivity of the target (low on small gold and higher on larger bits). It won’t discriminate between ferrous and non ferrous I believe, unless there are any tonal differences between the two. Most probably still have to dig most targets.

Yes OzzieAu is correct. It is similar to a coin detector, except it happens in pin-point mode which is non-motion. So you can't whip the coil between targets like you would with a fast recovery coin detector. A coin detector usually gives a beep tone during normal detection, and an all-metal modulated tone response in pin-point mode to help centre the target. So you are basically deciding to dig before you hit pin-point.

With the E1500, the primary search mode is already tone modulated, so the pin-point mode is more a target interrogation mode, which displays a target ID based on conductivity. There is also no hi/low or low/high tone change when in pin-point mode, it is just a monotone beep. So, yes you could use it in a coin hunting scenario where you are cherry picking high target ID's, the only thing is there is no blanking on any target ID's, so don't take it to a trash filled picnic area!
One application I can see for this is a Bow & Arrow club, where they lose arrows. The arrow heads are going to provide a very similar ID, so they could use it to ignore other ID's that are far off.

Here's a few ID's of some gold and coins:

prickly 0.6g gold - 02
5.2g gold specie - 11
0.63g clean gold - 12
1g flat gold - 14
2.2g flat gold - 18
5c - 25
10c - 33
20c - 44
50c - 50
worn sixpence - 73

Hope that helps to explain it.

Yes OzzieAu is correct. It is similar to a coin detector, except it happens in pin-point mode which is non-motion. So you can't whip the coil between targets like you would with a fast recovery coin detector. A coin detector usually gives a beep tone during normal detection, and an all-metal modulated tone response in pin-point mode to help centre the target. So you are basically deciding to dig before you hit pin-point.

With the E1500, the primary search mode is already tone modulated, so the pin-point mode is more a target interrogation mode, which displays a target ID based on conductivity. There is also no hi/low or low/high tone change when in pin-point mode, it is just a monotone beep. So, yes you could use it in a coin hunting scenario where you are cherry picking high target ID's, the only thing is there is no blanking on any target ID's, so don't take it to a trash filled picnic area!
One application I can see for this is a Bow & Arrow club, where they lose arrows. The arrow heads are going to provide a very similar ID, so they could use it to ignore other ID's that are far off.

prickly 0.6g gold - 02
5.2g gold specie - 11
0.63g clean gold - 12
1g flat gold - 14
2.2g flat gold - 18
5c - 25
10c - 33
20c - 44
50c - 50
worn sixpence - 73

Hey nenad , will it be any good for parks and sand

Sand yes, but for parks I think the density of targets would just be too much to deal with.

So low n

prickly 0.6g gold - 02
5.2g gold specie - 11
0.63g clean gold - 12
1g flat gold - 14
2.2g flat gold - 18
5c - 25
10c - 33
20c - 44
50c - 50
worn sixpence - 73

So lower numbers would indicate non ferrous and higher numbers ferrous, or am I over simplifying it?

not quite that simple but it will still be the best we have had yet for PI

see ML info extract down this page
https://www.detectorprospector.com/topic/25182-algoforce-e1500/page/14/#comments
Received an E1500 today, pretty good quality. Well designed. Got a 10Amp powerbank 200gr.
Shaft does not twist like it did on my 6000.
Did a setup and tried a 0.01 gr crumb and I actually got sound with my 12x8 NF about 5cm above it. Promising.....
I will see in 3 weeks time in the goldfield.

Ok guys, I've gone through all my testing notes and did some fresh air testing as well - I know, not really a test of the machine, but does give some insight into how the different timings and coils may perform in the field.

The Sadie is the best on EMI. For some reason the 12x8" Evo is a little chattier. 14x9" Evo is a bit quieter than the 12x8" - can't work that one out? I don't have a 14x9" Evo here at the moment to test. Also, haven't compared a Detech 8" yet.

Here are some coil/timing comparisons. All carried out using Sens 23.

Using the Sadie, comparing Fine and Ultra Fine, there is only about 5mm difference either way, and the crossover point where Fine starts to do a little better is about 0.3g. Anything smaller and Ultra Fine was the same or better. But it depends on target texture. I tested a 0.72g bit with ironstone, and Ultra Fine was still seeing this one a little deeper. On an Aussie 5c coin (our smallest, lowest conductor) depth was identical.

Sadie vs 12x8" Evo, both in Fine, the Evo was consistently better across a range of targets. On a 0.33g rough bit of gold I was getting 3cm better with the Evo. 4cm better on the 5c coin. On a prickly 0.26g bit, the Evo was only 5mm deeper. I suspect on much smaller gold, they will be about the same and would come down to the settings you can run.

I compared a Coiltek 11" Elite and 12" round Evo, and the Evo was 5-10mm better across the board. On the 5c coin, the Evo was seeing it 15mm better.

I also tried an old 12x7" Advantage Mono (I've asked Rohan to bring this back into production!) and depth was consistent with the Sadie. Across the range of gold tested, the 12x7" was the same to 5mm better. But, the 12x7" started to pull away on anything bigger than a gram. On the 0.26g prickly piece, the Sadie in Ultra Fine was 15mm better than the 12x7" in Fine. I didn't test the 12x7" in Ultra Fine.

Overall, here's who won the showdown on specific targets. I wouldn't take this too seriously as performance in the field with optimised settings will obviously change the results. But assuming everything was equal, and all coils were happy to run on Sens 23, this would be somewhat accurate.

Aussie 5c - 16" NF Superlight Mono beat the 12" Evo by 2cm (20mm).

Gold plated pendant - 16" Advantage Mono beat the 12" Evo by 3cm.

0.26g prickly - SDC2300 was better than E1500 12x8" in Fine by 5mm. (haha yes thought I'd throw that in there)

0.32g flat/worn - 12" Evo in Fine beat the Sadie & 12x8 Evo, both 10mm behind.

0.72g gold w/ironstone - the 12" Evo in Fine beat the 11" Elite and 12x8" Evo by 10mm

The 14x9" Evo I used briefly in the field and tested on a few targets, and it seemed a very nice compromise between the 12" round and 12x8" Evos.

Obviously stuff around 0.1g and smaller will see the small coils and Ultra Fine start to pull away.

There's so many different types of old coils that are no longer in production, but still kicking around on the second hand market, or placed in the cupboard and forgotten. I think a few of these will start to be put to good use again.

Went for a play this morning, mainly to do some testing on the AF-E1500.

Small Gold: I have a dozen bits of 0.07 to 0.1gram gold that have been found with one detector or the other (mainly G Kruzer) that other detectors cannot see. All are wiry or reefy or foil like. E1500 can see 6/12, SDC can see 4/12 & 6000 can see 1/12.

Depth: I have a test patch near a shale mullock heap & I stack slabs of shale on targets to test them. Not ideal but good enough. E-1500 is not close to 6000 in terms of depth but with comparable coil it is close to SDC. One day it will be interesting to see how it goes with a big coil.

1706933389390.jpeg

ID: Pinpoint mode goes about 90% as deep as motion mode so towards the limit of detection depth it is quite possible to detect a target that then fails to be found with the pinpointer. This is no different to any VLF I have ever used & no biggy, especially since you only need to scrape an inch or two closer and the pinpointer finds it & you get an ID. The fantastic bit is that ID number then remains pretty much the same at all distances closer to the coil. This is a big improvement on VLFs where in all the ones I have used the ID slides down to zero as depth increases. So far I haven’t figured out the best way to use this info as I need to find more undug targets, pinpoint them and gather stats.

Hot Rocks : Sadie loves them. In this patch the vast majority IDed at 16-18 but a couple at 56-58. The 12 Evo was a pleasant surprise as besides ignoring most of the hot rocks the Sadie found, it also ignored a whole stack of ones I had found previously with the GPX6000 11 and had arranged as a nice border to the patch 😊. Putting the 12 Evo on UltraFine found more hot rocks but still nowhere near the Sadie. In this patch SDC is much quieter than either 6000 or E-1500

I am not sure if the Sadie is any worse than the 6000 at hotrocks – actually it probably is worse, but since the threshold on the E1500 is a lot more stable than on the 6000 anything popping its head up is noticed whereas it is harder to tell on the 6000 with its wobblier threshold. At least you can shift the threshold up on the E1500.

Ground Balance: Been a while since I have “manually” ground balanced 😊. Makes you appreciate the ML detectors tracking but it was no big deal to do and I appreciated knowing when the GB had really shifted so I could decide if the area was worthy of more investigation.

Controls are very intuitive if you have used a Nox– I only had to refer to the quick start guide once and there are onscreen helpers.

I am undecided on the coil shaft connector – it is definitely a little more difficult than normal to put a coil on as you have 4 things to align to get the bolt thru rather than 2 but having support outside the shaft should make it stronger, so lets see.

Weight is good at 2150g with 12Evo vs 2770g for GPX6000 with 11ML & 3100g for SDC with 14x9. Balance is good but the shaft is long enough that I am going to slide the handpiece down 100mm and move the arm rest to bottom limit of its track. This will push the battery pack 100mm back giving even better balance.

So after all that I went for a quick detect before it got too hot. Scored a 0.25g reefy bit in an area that I had flogged previously with SDC & 6000. I checked it after on the 6000 and it could also see it.

First impressions are it is NOT a 6000 by quite a way, but depending on what aspect you look at it is noticeably better or a little behind a SDC2300. And way more configurable than either.

Attachments

• 20240203_140602.jpg
    20240203_140602.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1
Small Gold: I have a dozen bits of 0.07 to 0.1gram gold that have been found with one detector or the other (mainly G Kruzer) that other detectors cannot see. All are wiry or reefy or foil like. E1500 can see 6/12, SDC can see 4/12 & 6000 can see 1/12.

Depth: I have a test patch near a shale mullock heap & I stack slabs of shale on targets to test them. Not ideal but good enough. E-1500 is not close to 6000 in terms of depth but with comparable coil it is close to SDC. One day it will be interesting to see how it goes with a big coil.

1706933389390.jpeg
Outstanding report; thank you👍

One thing that stood out for me is that the SDC easily beat it on all targets with the 14x9 Coiltek vs 12 evo, and the 6000 with it's standard 11 inch smashed it for depth.
Will be interesting to see how it goes with bigger coils, but early indications are not promising!
Interesting too, just how poorly the QED did !
Rick

Latest posts