A Gpx ripoff?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's comma & I didn't forget it! :D

Look forget it - to all & sundry just buy the Chinese detectors - fakes of every brand at unbeatable prices & questionable performance, if any. All superman GPX swinging "fools" sell up now. Forget the Jupiter the GFX7000 is here now. Roll up roll up - free bottle of snake oil with every sale.
For that matter just dust off that GMT you keep for the speccis - its better anyhow. Who knew?

Metamorphic said:
Minelab owners are always the first and loudest to voice their opinions.....and its usually misguided!
And you bargain basement wishful thinkers are always well guided, correct & make much more sense!

Metamorphic said:
If a Chinelab found gold in a fairdinkum (not set up) search would you admit you were wrong?
Can't see it happening anytime soon but shock me if you can :lol:

I'll just stick to trying to provide responsible information & recommend that people not buy these things. If you want to provide irresponsible dribble that is your choice.

I think it's time for a holiday - not Fiji though. Already been there.

Well. looky here y'all, me and Cleatus, Leroy and Jethro, wees all a usin' them there noo chinahese tecterors and we don't finded nuthin yet, but we sure catched some might fien possums. Ma's a cooken dem up now. sooouuueeee. :D

Another fact filled & informative post - well done.
Thank you Mr Kerr but I think I'll leave this to you experts from here on in.
Heres a cut & paste for ya:
"You cannot put brains into a monument." ;)

mbasko said:
---------------------------------------------------

:eek: Never thunked of that. :p fun post anyway. :cool:

Ask yourself this big nugget: why would they (scumbag counterfeitists) make a working copy when they can fool people with a vlf dressed up as a 5000?
As for a fake husqy, so much easier to duplicate.

I vowed to stay out of this but I could not help myself and bought a GBX5000, yet to take it out but I am sure it will be as good as the real deal.

I ll let you know how it goes.

1415195039_gpx5000_trust_me_.jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek: Golllllyyy. the new super improved, deluxe, 10 metre deep seeking , satellite guided, all ground radar penetrating
model. what will them sneeky chinahese come up with next ? available only at the ......................Reject Shop. :p

mbasko said:

Now thats just not cricket mbasko, this is the second time your jumping ship on this fantastic, educational, fun filled debate!

Hey Big Nugget, I have uncovered solid evidence that these guys may actually be right in saying there is no value to be gained from a copy.

I found a genuine GPX5000 for well under 7k

2qmkxt0.jpg

Even comes with a harness!

x1dfg5.jpg

Here is one that has been modded but doesn't handle the salinity as well, great value though!

33lji40.jpg

Reeks said:
Ask yourself this big nugget: why would they (scumbag counterfeitists) make a working copy when they can fool people with a vlf dressed up as a 5000?

Whilst we are asking questions, ask yourself this Reeks.....Why are Minelab so worried about an inferior Chinese copy?

Dressing up a VLF as a 5000 would be sacrilege at its best.

There is no top secret, 'NASA classified' technology involved in a 5000 as Minelab would have you believe. Its not rocket science.

They would be as easy to copy as a PDF document.

;)

Funny ...
If ya look hard enough you'll find their operating feq . 7kHz . Even tho that they say it's a pi . it's not. . .it's fake .. even the screws that hold the front and rear panels on are In different places .
Minelab are active in protecting It's brand name. . and no minelab product is assembled in China .. parts are sourced out from all over the place .
As for you think you can build a copy of a gpx5000 . think again .. do you know the imbeded code that has to be programmed into the chips and have the machine to do so ..getting parts Is not the problem ..
Imo don't waste ya money on crap chinalab .

mbasko said:

FLOG! :p

stalker said:
Funny ...
If ya look hard enough you'll find their operating feq . 7kHz . Even tho that they say it's a pi . it's not. . .it's fake .. even the screws that hold the front and rear panels on are In different places .
Minelab are active in protecting It's brand name. . and no minelab product is assembled in China .. parts are sourced out from all over the place .
As for you think you can build a copy of a gpx5000 . think again .. do you know the imbeded code that has to be programmed into the chips and have the machine to do so ..getting parts Is not the problem ..

so what does minelabs parent company manufacture in the China factories??

Keep peddling mate :p

Special Minelab Imbeded codes in the chip hey?

You watch too much Star Wars.

The chip contains embeded firmware which is called a BIOS (Basic input, output system) the same as your computer chip has.

These are flashed onto the chip under contract arrangement by the manufactures ie Intel, AMD.....not Minelab lol.

They will gladly supply the same thing to anyone willing to place large orders and come up with the dollars.

The screws are different???? Well no way can it cant be a PI then. Lmao :eek:

Reeks said:

Good point Reeks. I am sure some of them are VLF, but not all.

It would be easier to obtain the genuine parts than copy them.

Its just the assemblers who then decide they will skimp on this & that etc.

It is also possible that minelab ship the 3/4 made product back to Malaysia for final input.

This could be confusing the chinese but believe me, they will work it out sooner or later.

99.9% of all brands would be in the same boat (yes, including the boat :)

I don't own one I don't recommend them.

I just think its a long stretch of the bow to say... " they are all crap and my mate at the shop tested one of them and said they are all junk" ( IMHO of course :)

Just a matter of time until a punter rocks up in the forum saying, "look what i found with my fake detector". :eek:

Cheers :cool:

stalker said:
Funny ...

If you watch the 4 Corners story http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/stories/2013/05/27/3766576.htm you will see that the Chinese have hacked the Codan computer network. Unless Minelab keep all their designs on scrap paper it is safe to assume that the Chinese have working diagrams of all Minelab detectors as well as future designs not yet released.

Magilla said:
stalker said:
Funny ...

If you watch the 4 Corners story http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/stories/2013/05/27/3766576.htm you will see that the Chinese have hacked the Codan computer network. Unless Minelab keep all their designs on scrap paper it is safe to assume that the Chinese have working diagrams of all Minelab detectors as well as future designs not yet released.

Wow ..The Chinese can read the future too and I thought Dr who was a time traveler with a magic wand .. .lol. I wonder if they can predict the color im painting my car then I'll get a head start and won't have worry about the color I'll pick. But I'd like a color that works tho ..

I don't mind stirring the pot on a thread that's half full of rubbish anyway .. I'm just adding my bit. .. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts