GPX 6000 Coiltek 14x9 coils

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have used the 11'' for a fair while now and found over 170 nuggets and pickers using it but have just changed to a Coiltek 14x9 and noticed i'm getting smaller pickers than the 11'' but deeper and have found nuggets that were missed with the 11'' and were bigger and deeper. The coil runs a lot Quiter and is easy to pinpoint it makes the 6000 a beast can't wait for a bigger coiltek or Nugget finder coil to come on the market and that will be the end of the 7000 for depth just my thoughts cheers Glenno.

I just received the 14 x 9 and will be taking both (NF 12x7 also) to Clermont in a month so hopefully find a few bits and compare the two. Cheers.

On our way home from the pilbara atm,we ended up with the 14x9 goldhawks our 6's,couldn't get the NF coil the week before we left,the boss had the gold hawk allready so i got one for the to poke between the spinny mainly,totally impressed with them,we got 13ozs of nuggets and specis for the month,the coils were brilliant....

just off shortly today for a week at sandstone on a friends lease i will let you know how the 14x9 goes as theres a lot of flyshit there, Pilbara trips off for this year at the moment as dragons off to perth for a operation in 12 days.
Heading to Sandstone tomorrow, love the breakaway country, goodluck on your travels

On our way home from the pilbara atm,we ended up with the 14x9 goldhawks our 6's,couldn't get the NF coil the week before we left,the boss had the gold hawk allready so i got one for the to poke between the spinny mainly,totally impressed with them,we got 13ozs of nuggets and specis for the month,the coils were brilliant....
$38,000 for the month is excellent wages, well done.

Hi all Just back from sandstone, man it was frigging freezing, it averaged 2c most nights and did not warm past that till 10 am most mornings was frosty as well, only got one small flake at the first lease as it was still pending and let my mate know via sat phone it was flogged it had three caravans sitting on the northern cnr for the whole time we were there, i did warn him that would happen, it had been very thoroughly chained.it was very close to the main rd so was bound to happen, he will scrape it later on and get a pow for it.The coiltek is the bomb, way more depth capability than the std coil and being oval better for under bushes my larger bit was around 30cm deep under calcrete so really happy there at least we payed for the diesel i suppose.
We went and tried his larger lease about 12 clicks away towards Youanmi and got onto some small bits there the largest being just under 2 grams, that lease had a scraped area and i will look futher at it later on maybe but sadly the dragon lady decided she wanted to go home as she was in a bit of pain and stress.

Footnote:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/threads/lets-talk.18435/post-670918

我刚刚收到 14 x 9,并将在一个月内将两者(还有 NF 12x7)带到克莱蒙,因此希望能找到一些信息并比较两者。干杯。
Hi who did you find 14x9 compare to 12x7? and 11?

Hi who did you find 14x9 compare to 12x7? and 11?
Both the 12x7 and 14x 9 found about the same number of small nugs on average. I would Definately say the 14 x 9 is more sensitive on the tiniest of pieces say under 0.05. I found two microscopic targets left them in the ground with the gold hawk and the 12 x 7 didn’t register them but they were super small if you’re chasing midget nugs. Both are great coils unfortunately didn’t find anything of significance size wise to compare them on hopefully next time.

Both the 12x7 and 14x 9 found about the same number of small nugs on average. I would Definately say the 14 x 9 is more sensitive on the tiniest of pieces say under 0.05. I found two microscopic targets left them in the ground with the gold hawk and the 12 x 7 didn’t register them but they were super small if you’re chasing midget nugs. Both are great coils unfortunately didn’t find anything of significance size wise to compare them on hopefully next time.
Thank you. I found it seems more people buying NF 12x7 not 14x9. Idk Why.

Thank you. I found it seems more people buying NF 12x7 not 14x9. Idk Why.
The 14x9 is probably a bit too large and clumsy for many people. A smaller, narrower coil is easier to manoeuvre around branches, rocks and clumps of grass while detecting. The 14x9 will also be heavier and so will change the balance of the detector, which is something many users wouldn't like.

The 14x9 is probably a bit too large and clumsy for many people. A smaller, narrower coil is easier to manoeuvre around branches, rocks and clumps of grass while detecting. The 14x9 will also be heavier and so will change the balance of the detector, which is something many users wouldn't like.
Thank you. However does 14x9 means deeper than 12x7? and seems many are even expecting the arriving NF 16x10 too

Thank you. However does 14x9 means deeper than 12x7? and seems many are even expecting the arriving NF 16x10 too
In theory yes, but targets need to get to a certain size before the bigger coils take over. Where you can run your settings with both coils is the other consideration. Bigger coils are less reactive to hot rocks, but smaller coils do better when there is salt in the ground. Basically, not always an easy question to answer.
Here's a cool chart comparing the various 6000 coil options: https://www.detectorprospector.com/topic/19251-gpx-6000-coil-specifics/

Latest posts