GPX 6000 Coiltek 14x9 coils

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In theory yes, but targets need to get to a certain size before the bigger coils take over. Where you can run your settings with both coils is the other consideration. Bigger coils are less reactive to hot rocks, but smaller coils do better when there is salt in the ground. Basically, not always an easy question to answer.
Here's a cool chart comparing the various 6000 coil options: https://www.detectorprospector.com/topic/19251-gpx-6000-coil-specifics/
Aha cheers mate I was thinking to look for this pic. I am planning a trip to WA this year, I wonder what you think, should I buy another coil or stock 11 is enough? if yes which coil to recommand?

Aha cheers mate I was thinking to look for this pic. I am planning a trip to WA this year, I wonder what you think, should I buy another coil or stock 11 is enough? if yes which coil to recommand?
I would definitely consider another after market coil, I have had 3 11" stock coils so far, 2 of them failed after light use, and I mean light use.I have aGPZ which is the detector I use most of the time, so the 6000 I use occasionally. If I was using the 6k most of the time, I would add a 14 x 9 for sure because I would hate to be hundreds km away from a shop with only a stock coil, and have it fail. The standard 11" coil is good, when it's working, but I will always be thinking in the back of my mind that it's going to fail like the last 2.

I would definitely consider another after market coil, I have had 3 11" stock coils so far, 2 of them failed after light use, and I mean light use.I have aGPZ which is the detector I use most of the time, so the 6000 I use occasionally. If I was using the 6k most of the time, I would add a 14 x 9 for sure because I would hate to be hundreds km away from a shop with only a stock coil, and have it fail. The standard 11" coil is good, when it's working, but I will always be thinking in the back of my mind that it's going to fail like the last 2.
Thank you. I also have GPZ 7000 with 14 stock coil nothing else. So maybe buy a 12 inch coil as well just in case if I go to WA? I am just hesitating between 12x7 and 14x9..

Latest posts