A few finds from Mt Perry

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My neighbours have a property at Mt Perry and have found a few odd things with some age on them:

Mount Perry finds 009v Old compass.JPG

Attachments

• Mount Perry finds Odd thing.JPG
    Mount Perry finds Odd thing.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 2
  • Fork about 1850 John Yates and Son. Birmingham.JPG
    Fork about 1850 John Yates and Son. Birmingham.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
  • Heavy chunk of something 1.JPG
    Heavy chunk of something 1.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
  • Mount Perry finds 013 Old locket.JPG
    Mount Perry finds 013 Old locket.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
  • Mount Perry finds 014 Old locket rear side..JPG
    Mount Perry finds 014 Old locket rear side..JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
  • Mount Perry finds 015 Old gold ring. Had  1 sapphire..JPG
    Mount Perry finds 015 Old gold ring. Had 1 sapphire..JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
  • Mount Perry finds 017 Old belt buckle.JPG
    Mount Perry finds 017 Old belt buckle.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • Mount Perry finds 024 Heavy chunk of something other view..JPG
    Mount Perry finds 024 Heavy chunk of something other view..JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
  • Mount Perry finds 025 OLld locket open..JPG
    Mount Perry finds 025 OLld locket open..JPG
    916.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited by a moderator:
Some neat finds, particularly the locket and ring.

Looks like you are on to a good spot.
Hi again. I have not been to visit the neigbours place yet. When I get there I will have a look about also. I am not much into chasing gold etc but I like looking for items with a bit of history. Not that I have done much of that. I hope to have a look around some old racecourses, halls and hotels that existed to the north of Rosedale pre 1930's. I have gained some information and hope to have an expedition after conferring with a few of the long term residents. Anything I find will stay on whatever property I find it on. Think I should do it soon before it gets too hot. Cheers from Winfield. Best regards, David.

I like looking for items with a bit of history.
Have a hunt and see what old aerial photos you can find. In WA we have Landgate (WA Gov) which has old aerial photos you can view for free. They are good for spotting where tracks and old buildings were located. You may have a similar thing over where you are. Some councils in WA do it as well.

The old newspaper website Trove is also good for digging up old information.

Good luck with the heat -I went north for a couple of weeks holidays.We had a heat wave and after 5 days of 40C we came home early. The forecast for the spot we were at was 45C today.

Have a hunt and see what old aerial photos you can find. In WA we have Landgate (WA Gov) which has old aerial photos you can view for free. They are good for spotting where tracks and old buildings were located. You may have a similar thing over where you are. Some councils in WA do it as well.

The old newspaper website Trove is also good for digging up old information.

Good luck with the heat -I went north for a couple of weeks holidays.We had a heat wave and after 5 days of 40C we came home early. The forecast for the spot we were at was 45C today.
Good morning, Another warm day coming up.. Yes I find Trove an excellent source of info. I use it a lot when delving into history. Maybe spend way too much time on it. I have not had a look for old aerial photos yet. Found some years ago but not sure where. I don't like anything much over 30C. One of my mates here had an opal lease at Yowah. He would come here in the Summer. He had 52 deg there one year before he left. Cheers! David.

I don't like anything much over 30C.
We just got back from a trip to Exmouth in the NW. We left half way through our trip. It was 39°C or over every single day.

Just south of Exmouth it was 43 to 44°C for hundreds of kilometres on the way home.

It's been like that every day for nearly 3 weeks. In 2022 the maximum for Exmouth in October was only 32°C. Very odd weather.

Hi again. I have not been to visit the neigbours place yet. When I get there I will have a look about also. I am not much into chasing gold etc but I like looking for items with a bit of history. Not that I have done much of that. I hope to have a look around some old racecourses, halls and hotels that existed to the north of Rosedale pre 1930's. I have gained some information and hope to have an expedition after conferring with a few of the long term residents. Anything I find will stay on whatever property I find it on. Think I should do it soon before it gets too hot. Cheers from Winfield. Best regards, David.
Hi David.I see you mentioned Rosedale and the area just north of there.I live just north of Rosedale and have done abit of detecting around the area.I know the area pretty well and have permission to most of the properties around here.If you'd like to meet up at sometime in the future send me a pm.

Hi David.I see you mentioned Rosedale and the area just north of there.I live just north of Rosedale and have done abit of detecting around the area.I know the area pretty well and have permission to most of the properties around here.If you'd like to meet up at sometime in the future send me a pm.
Good morning. I sent 2 PM's but no reply. Not sure I sent them correctly. just wondering if you have ever been to Monal. I have tried to discover who owns the land where it used to be but had no luck. I thought Monto Post Office may know but they didn't. With the big dry set in a sweep along the waterways could be interesting.

Latest posts