Agates and chalcedony from Sunshine Coast

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, The Mad Rockhounder again! I have some amazing news for people who are looking for spots on the Sunny Coast to rockhound. I have found a spot to find chalcedony and agate and have being finding some amazing things for a few years now there. If anyone would be willing to let me know some spots near Caboolture, other than Redcliffe or spots on the Gold Coast I would be willing to tell you this amazing spot! I do have some pics as well. And as always happy rockhounding.

Attachments

• 872DD6DC-6485-4405-8E36-F932C84ECDCB.jpeg
    872DD6DC-6485-4405-8E36-F932C84ECDCB.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 51B41305-9695-41B2-B61A-283A1F3C8586.jpeg
    51B41305-9695-41B2-B61A-283A1F3C8586.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 0
Only place I know of is at the Historical Village (Caboolture club) you could try creeks out Rocksberg way has a bit of quartz. Under the runway at the airport so old timers say, so may be a bit in their gardens. Just across the border in NSW round Dunoon for agate, went there a decade ago while living in NZ so can't give any exact locations as I was only a tourist. just follow most creeks that are accessible in the hills but respect private property. So you may also find some at the river heads.

Hi DAVIDV59 thank you for some of your information! The place is in the Buderim forest park in Buderim you can also look behind Buderim mountain state school in the creek as well for chalcedony!

Hi all, The Mad Rockhounder again! I have some amazing news for people who are looking for spots on the Sunny Coast to rockhound. I have found a spot to find chalcedony and agate and have being finding some amazing things for a few years now there. If anyone would be willing to let me know some spots near Caboolture, other than Redcliffe or spots on the Gold Coast I would be willing to tell you this amazing spot! I do have some pics as well. And as always happy rockhounding.
Amazing! Nice one! I'd love to know the spots you found, please? We went to Scarborough with little luck..

I found these in Buderim forest park along the creek that go next to the walk to serenity falls in Buderim
Oh wonderful, thank you so much!! I'll post my finds next time I can get out there 🙏🏼
We went Northern NSW this weekend but the weather was relentless and didn't manage to get out.

I found these in Buderim forest park along the creek that go next to the walk to serenity falls in Buderim
It's unclear whether this area allows fossicking there. I'd suggest it's doubtful being a Bushland Conservation Reserve.
It would be best to contact the local council that manage the area prior to any fossicking.
https://www.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au/council/contact-council

https://www.qld.gov.au/recreation/activities/areas-facilities/fossicking/rules/designated-areas

Latest posts