3 days of fun

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hiluxlou

Luke Dempsey
Reaction score
I've managed to snag a few days away from work so I've loaded the truck with my swag/fishing/prospecting gear and heading out Mansfield way (Victoria) . Three days of no phone , wonderful weather and plenty of creeks to explore, I'm as toey as a roman sandal . My young bloke (12 yr old) is coming and his bringing his wettie,snorkel and gopro to dive and film some of the deeper holes with the hope of getting some samples and hopefully some yellow . This is a great time of year to get up to some of the more isolated creeks/streams in the high country that are closed over winter.
Cheers
Luke

You'll have a ball no matter what. You're out there. No phone isn't that great. After 36 yrs with PMG, Telecom, Telstra i hate the rotten things. It's great going inland in Qld., usually Optus doesn't work too well, ha,ha!! Peace.
Have a ball both of you.
Jaros :p

Awesome stuff Luke.

The young fella is really gonna have a ripper time and dad will score many father/son bonding points.

Have a great time mate, pocket some color, bag the rainbow's/brown's and post some go-pro action if you can!

Regards ;)

You'll both have a great time.
Camping, fishing, prospecting and bonding, the stuff dreams and memories are made of.
Be sure to get some great pic's to share with those of us that are stuck at home.

Well just got back from my little trip with my young bloke , he brought along a mate from school and a good mate of mine tagged along too. I hadn't been to this spot in 12 months and last time we were there we only spent a couple of hours panning and found some nice little nuggets , however Mr Dredge has been there in the past year and he has run amok. It's amazing how much of the creek bed/bank has been removed and the nice little hole we were digging in last is now unrecognisable . We had a go where mr dredge had been but only got flower gold so moved to a new section of bedrock for only marginally better flower gold. On the upside my young bloke and his mate had a ball , diving the deeper holes catching freshwater crays , I drove them a couple of km upstream and they floated back down on tyre tubes and they also had a pan for some gold with his mate stoked to find some yellow. Even though we didn't get a lot of gold the trip was fantastic , young blokes mate had never slept in a swag before and he'd only camped in caravan parks so to be in the middle of the high country was an absolute treat for him . When we dropped my sons mate off at home he was keen to know when we could do another trip up to the bush so I think we have infected him with the bug. As I said even though we didn't find as much gold as I thought it was enough reward to see 2 young fella's enjoying the Aussie bush.
Cheers
Luke

Well done mate, sounds like they are both hooked.
happened to me as a young bloke. Every fortnight me and the ole man would head off in the Kombi, sluice, rifles and rods.
Always had a ball and just turned 60 and am still at it.
It is a great lifestyle.

And isnt that just the BEST feeling...
To see kids enjoying themselves , knowing you have ignited a spark
A great moment to be proud of

Latest posts