2017 detector finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8) :p :Y: :cool: :cool: :cool: :rainbow: :party: :party:
Nice sov case n silvers Gp and MrsGp ,.....
well, they needed light, played harmonica, showered, shot, lost clothing(or popped buttons), handled money, kept time, had a suitcase, and kept a pet dog in that spot, just going by the good finds. ;)

Thanks Silver, plenty of info can certainly be garnished from the finds alone. Still a lot to learn about this site, I reckon might pay to make another visit to the Historical Society. :)

Here's some more pics, still uploading the clips.

1489849813_satsovereign.jpg

1489849836_satsovereign2.jpg

1489849859_satpin.jpg

1489849890_satpenny2.jpg

1489849947_satpenny3.jpg

1489849975_satcuff3.jpg

1489850000_satcuff2.jpg

1489850024_satcuff.jpg

1489850052_satbuckle.jpg

Similar to what the sovereign holder would have originally looked like:

1489850118_s-l1600-1.jpg

1489850138_s-l1600.jpg

Another ripper hunt :cool:

amazing photos - looking forward to seeing a sovereign pop out of those pine needles :p :p :p

....edit..... Anything in the scroll tube of the brooch ?

Wally69 said:
Another ripper hunt :cool:

amazing photos - looking forward to seeing a sovereign pop out of those pine needles :p :p :p

....edit..... Anything in the scroll tube of the brooch ?
Could be full of diamonds. :p ]:D 8) :rainbow: :party:

Here's a short video of a few of the finds, please excuse my babbling excitement over the worn sixpence - thought it was Georgian, turned out to be Victorian.

Need some practice on the camera too, had trouble focusing on closeups, and forgot to set to Full HD - doh! :rolleyes: :D

[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcoQJkEZ-YM[/video]

Maybe the dog had been buried with his collar on in the old days, being that the tag was deep ,.... enjoyed watching lots. :p 8) :Y:

B5MECH said:
Love the ground GP easy digging there 8) was the camera head mounted?

Nope, hand held camera that packs away in its pouch on my belt. I do have a gopro, just a pain to use it in confined areas with lots of overhanging branches, spider webs etc.

Also figured out why I couldn't do a close up focus on the coins, didn't have fulltime auto focus switched on. :p

silver said:
Maybe the dog had been buried with his collar on in the old days, being that the tag was deep ,.... enjoyed watching lots. :p 8) :Y:

It was quite a good strong tone from being 8" down, and with probably a couple inches of pine needles on top, reckon I still would have heard it at 12".

Keeping mind the Deus was on its shallowest frequency for high conductors (18kHz), and the reactivity which also affects depth was also set reasonably high on 2.5 (1 is the deepest but also slowest).

The actual depth of the tag was a bit artifical considering it might have been plowed under by the ripper, some targets are literally sunbaking on the surface having dopped out of the ripped mound.

Must have had a few dogs, that's 8 tags so far, no doubt there are a few more lying around. :)

Very interesting finds there Mr& Mrs Goldpick, bet you and yours will be back there, good luck.
Cheers,Cheers, SinHof.

Only got a couple of hours in today before having shift my butt off to work. Only covered a reasonably small area, some of which I previously detected - and still managed to pull out a few targets.

After finding several buttons and othe non-ferrous, I shifted further over near the ruins, and picked up more silver in the form of a very cool set of cufflinks - marked sterling siver on the rear.

Ended up putting the Deus away, and brought out the Racer 2 with the hockey puck 5" "out of round" coil to pick through the iron near the ruins. Located yet another heavily masked button and a few scraps of copper, though ended up running short on time in the end.

Also coincidentally met up with another local detectorist who owns a Deus, and was happy that he managed to pull out yet another 1800's dog tag. :eek:

Got yet another video to post up, will have to wait till tomorrow now. :)

1490018943_img_20170321_004725.jpg

1490018962_img_20170321_004805.jpg

1490018979_img_20170321_004849.jpg

Cuff likk is a beauty, be a lucky find to score the other one and have the set, happy hunting in a great spot is always lots if fun. :Y: :cool: :Y:

Latest posts