12 Weeks To Find First Gold (Persistence Pays).

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All,

I just wanted to update the thread with some findings today - I will try to explain as much as I can to provide anyone with an overview on some details among operators and machines.

As mentioned previously and I can not express enough on the importance of psychology in the fields to keep that positive mindset - no matter how people asses the fields and the things that we come across while prospecting we all need that little boost. Even if you have a degree in psychology - It is a major part only because in the many years I have prospected this topic hasnt been explained enough with new operators - they are simply told the equation and the answer and think wow thats easy - only to be disheartened when this equation doesnt always work - or it doesnt work as much as they thought it would - so this brings the belief down and it can bring the belief down that much they simply give up.

I havent explained this within my thread previously only explaining this on the group days - I will summarize this for you all and not go into the full explanation.

What we need in the fields - "Belief" how do we get belief? we get belief from taking "Action" and when we take action what do we get - we get Results

3 simple words - Belief Action Results With this we now have certainty and to maintain this we need to be consistent and disciplined

If we want to increase our systems performance or our strategy - what would I do - I would take "Massive Action" and what is this going to achieve - we would hope by taking massive action we would see "Massive Results"

After collaboration today with each operator - if they have taken away at least one piece of valuable information and can add to their current strategy or system then it is all worth it for me. Anything we can do to increase our system performance - I am still adding and finding ways all the time to better mine - similar to the days when no one thought that the mile couldnt be run in under 4 minutes - impossible they say the human body just couldnt do it and for many years this was the belief, until one day On May 6, 1954, Roger Bannister beat this - he alone created that certainty within himself. After this the amount of times this record was beaten was routinely.

For those who don't know, which I also explain while in the field - we all need the sign posts to stand out more often while we prospect, this comes from lot of experience in the fields but can be sped up if practiced correctly - We have a system in our bodies called the reticular activating system (RAS) This is what helps us decide and take action if needed, or simply activates a signal and makes things really stand out in the goldfields - much like an amber traffic light - your brain says ok either speed up or slow down.

You influence what your RAS filters out and what lights it up. things you otherwise would have never noticed. I challenged how this could be sped up and have proved to get close with the system

I start off explaining many things with the operators and then trying to empower as much as possible with providing the personal literature that I have developed - this empowerment can do many wonders not only in prospecting but life in general. For those who take it on board good luck - so there is a section on the ground and I tell everyone would you believe me If I told you there is gold right here under my foot, only visible sign is top soil - not likely, I put a piece of quartz on the top soil, again well not really - I then place a nice chunk of ironstone - so we now have quartz ironstone and we are in gold country - again the replies were its looking better - and yeah that belief still isnt there - the belief is the most important. I then take out a piece of gold and sit this with the other rocks - wow its amazing there is Gold in this ground.

That is all it takes to get belief - work hard on the area's until you get belief - even though we know that there is 100's of workings and there was gold found, most still question it until we find the gold - I dont question this anytime - I always say well they found it so why cant I. Get those bad habits out, all the golds gone, every man and his dog have hammered these grounds, definitely not - they have put their fair share in but belief becomes less for many.

Ok so we finish up today after explaining some basic analogies with equations - the little quiz we done. And then venture up to the training test ground that I set up. All operators with different size coils from Sadie 8x6 - NF Evo 15 - NF Evo 12" - Coiltek 11" Mono Elite - Coiltek 14" Mono Elite - Commander 11" and 15x12 - and need I say GPZ7000 again these machines are quite unique

I setup 6 legit targets in the ground and mentioned to the operators that there were 7 targets - all targets were visually marked to a degree - after the markings went away from coil movement, the operators later in the test needed to find them without a visual ground marking - the first operator missed signals when the rocks that were the markers were sitting on top of each roughly 60mm to 80mm in size - when these markers were moved gaining that 60mm to 80mm of depth all operators smashed these targets - some more defined than others. Lead sinkers ranging from 6" 8" to 12" inches deep

On the test area like I mentioned all operators hit the 6 targets but no one could get the last target except for 2 operators - it appeared one operator had a ground noise in the exact location of the 7th target - I actually started digging a bit to get the signal higher - when balance it went away - as for the other operator who advised he hit a target there - not sure on this because he was operating with headphones. Still great to see everyone was very kind enough to be honest with themselves.

During the testing I walked down to setup the next target area - as this was one that I didn't want to leave buried for too long and especially overnight. I wanted to change it up a bit from the last group day - where there was only 1 large amount of gold close to the surface. As many said junk junk wouldnt dig it - this test was another great one.

First line of targets, Thanks to Dignit for kindly going over these targets with his speaker for all to hear - Dignit also had the pleasure of digging out the first line of targets - 3 in a row - the first piece buried only inches below the surface large concentration of rusty metal - second target large concentration of Lead - third target Large concentration of Gold - all at the same depth - only inches below. It was safe to say everyone agreed all targets were identical in the response and sound. Screamers that many would walk away from - anyone that tells me they know the sound of gold - well I was like this in my very early days after finding many mellow sounds this became a thing in the reticular activating system that made me dig these sound more than others. And to this day I always wonder how many targets I left that could have been the big one. Or gold for that matter - only because I was showing a lack of experience, wisdom, or judgement. Naive is the word

Again another eye opener for the operators - seeing what came out of the ground here

Next line of tests - I had a line of 7 targets behind this line - after we had removed line one. Now the operators have a belief that this next line could be either rust lead or gold - after Dignit went over each target vary carefully and listening and showing all at great speed hitting each target a few times - taking the time to really understand. Operators trying to guess and pick the sound shape material, some screamed some less noisy, one sounded wobbly which they mentioned possibly rust or nail like, last target very soft mellow mid sound - most jumped on this sound gotta be gold. I said to Dignit alright I will take out each target and we can explain - after mixed guessing - I went pretty fast pulling the targets out - every single one was gold from 1oz, 1/2oz, 10g, 8g, 6g, 4g, 2g - this test showed operators no matter material or sound it proved and showed that extra belief that any sound can be gold. Some operators advised that they would dig maybe 80% of targets based on sound - and now this belief they advised has raised it to 100%

Of course we get trashy area's but we can deal with this - pick 10 targets to dig then come back next time, keep working these area's overtime to see if among these more trashy type area do give gold. Its all about finding a strategy that works for you and what is enjoyable

Ok so we now have a drink break etc before heading off for ground reading - all operators put the detectors away - I explained in all new area's it is a must to do this. We ventured along and I showed them ways to read the grounds, contours, water flow, gully, workings and depth, mineral makeup and ways to help look at what is below our feet even if we need to dig a 1 or 2 foot hole to see the depth of top soils - anything we can to for an advantage, side of test holes at the depth and the ground levels. As we continue further across the gully and up to an area - the R.A.S just lit up and the sign post was right there for me - I explained why these area's jump out at me. After many more explanations - the time had come for them all to go out into any spot they wish - I would check all techniques and advise help if needed, all operators were finding very small objects so safe to say the technique is well up there these guys are the Coiltek Elite.

As I walked along with Oldschool and explained some things we were on the side where these signposts just jumped out at me there were 2 spots and we were right at one of them - after spending 10 minutes with Oldschool - I noticed Dignit Walking up along the gully to the next higher level where the second shallow signpost area was - as I walked up with 2 steps of arriving he nailed a target - after roughly 15 minutes detecting Dignit had hit a nice little target - and yep thats right it was the good color target we all love to see. Gold in the hand - small piece but yellow - well done Dignit - pays to inspect these area's to help narrow that window

After walking around to each operator - many finding the usual rust, lead, bullet shell etc - we had another interesting find.

See below image of the relic found - as we do stir up a few of the operators, always in good intentions you know the good kind of stirring - we said check out the flower shape piece of gold he found
1480158273_pic_0840.jpg

After we all finished and exchanged many more stories about each others journey etc - was time to finish the day.

I want to say a big thank you all for the appreciation shown before during and after the day - and a big thanks to Gravity and friend L for the 1ltr bottle of Jack

I also mentioned to each member that I would post each avatar here for them to make contact with each other.

Dignit
Reynard - A big thanks
Gravity and friend
Oldschool and friend
Leroy and friend

And also another operator who I cant divulge personal details etc - I will call him Kwool - nice to meet you and hope you get on this forum soon. And great stories that you shared

I hope you all get home well and safe

What great people MG and his brother are. The effort they went to and how they presented themselves at the training day yesterday was truly outstanding. Their genuine, unassuming, knowledgeable and sharing manner is truly remarkable. I am sure I can speak for everyone that attended and thank MG and brother for a brilliant educational day. I for one learnt a lot.
It was not so much about finding gold on the day, but about how to prepare yourself physchologically, how to identify what you are hearing from targets (i.e you can't - so dig everything), how to read alluvial ground and choose areas with higher probability of having detectable gold.
It was also great to meet the other attendees and share experiences. A top group of blokes. It was a pleasure meeting you all.

MG ...... That little piece I found was 0.07g. That's truly amazing for a 4500 and Coiltek 11" mono Elite. It was a definite clear signal, though it was in the surface fine gravel first or second scrape. That is SDC territory. I just happened to find it as MG walked up for a chat. How timely.

Thanks so much MG and brother. Definitely hope to catch up some time for a swing. Cheers

A very big thankyou MG and to your brother for giving your time,knowledge and belief for the training day yesterday.Dig'n-it sumed it up about these guys and it was a
brilliant day.I to learnt a hell of alot and to take that knowledge back to where i have found gold before to see what i have left behind.

It was a pleasure to meet all the other operators on the day, great punch of blokes.Concrats to Dig'n-it on his 0.07g find and to who found the flower brooch very nice,i did not see it as i was to busy digging my 100% off targets.

Look,observe and seek and you will find.

So once again a big thankyou MG and ya brother. Cheers fellas

Happy hunting

along with everyone else i would like to say thanks to m.g. and d. for their time and undoubted knowledge both of which they gave freely. it was great to share other peoples ideas and techniques and having your own reinforced. to meet people who share the same pursuits and dreams, great to meet you all. m.g. has covered most of the rest of the day,but as well as knowledge gained, the new friends made are priceless. a great day and thenks to all. p.s. dig-n-it well done

What a great day , amazing to see how it all comes together in the field.
A big thank you MG to you and your brother and seeing him go down into those small caves unreal,great to see those photo's and remember the experiance !
I would also like to thank the group for sharing there stories and company and congrats to Dig'n-it on finding the yellow.
It's forum's like this where you can meet a great group of people and it's people like MG that brings them all together.

Thanks again MG.

I was at the first of these days and from what l can make out MG is very consistant in what he says and teaches.
It is a privilege to learn from you and perhaps one day all of us from the two groups along with MG could get together for a detect, would be a lot of fun me thinks
Thanks again for taking the time to share your knowledge with us, and your brothers wisdom as well
Cheers

Hi All,

After having the day yesterday to catch up on some things and take a rest in the fields - I ventured back out today to see some pretty disheartening events happening within the fields. Not so much it has made me lose determination but more so the complete opposite. Just annoys me when we see these things happening in the lands we search which are open to everyone. I will talk more about this at the bottom of this post and hopefully I can get everyones honest opinion and by all means don't hold back with your opinion.

After going to that area where I last left off - where I found a little color in that undulated area - and seeing what appeared to be a possible continuation, I will post that image from last time here for you all.

1. This was where I had left off after our group day on Saturday
1480325790_pic_0803.jpg

2. When I arrived here today I looked at the area and the way the grounds were worked just to get a better understanding - I started low on this section working upwards from the previous arrow. Here you can see the section and when I cleaned the side of the lowest hole - there was a very wirey signal much like we get from a small thin nail type shape. Almost bullet shell but not as responsive - it appeared to be very close to surface almost on top when I went over the target. In these images you can see the depth is next to nothing - only top soils by the time the target was out.
1480325878_pic_0849.jpg

1480325887_pic_0851.jpg

1480325903_pic_0852.jpg

1480325914_pic_0853.jpg

3. When I scraped the last loose material out of the way - from where it turns hard with the clays and gravel - there it was looking right at me - didnt even need to swing back over to see the target - you can see the amount of stick and overburden piled up away from the side of the hole - when I first approached this hole to check for signals - I cleaned one side down first and then detected - after target removal I checked all around and worked my way thoroughly around each side
1480326055_pic_0855.jpg

1480326067_pic_0856.jpg

1480326077_pic_0857.jpg

4. Another target just below this one and deeper into the hard material - Good old rust bugget
1480326735_pic_0858.jpg

5. As I continued only a meter or so away from this hole further across the side where it dipped again into a shallow area - I hit another sound enough to break threshold but not a clear signal - this break in the constant hum is worth scraping to see why - many pieces of gold unearthed from the breaks over the many years. It is that level where we dont get a signal response but breaks threshold - after removing top loose material maybe 2 inches and then digging down roughly 6 inches the target was out - 8 inches
1480326981_pic_0861.jpg

1480326992_pic_0862.jpg

1480327005_pic_0863.jpg

1480327018_pic_0864.jpg

6. And there we have it - in the hand with 3 to choose from - when I narrowed down which one it was - I actually seen the yellow showing through when I looked at them - crunched away and a nice piece of our favorite color
1480327035_pic_0865.jpg

1480327160_pic_0868.jpg

1480327170_pic_0869.jpg

7. Again worth another clean in this area - a lot of sticks and large rocks to get that perfect slide across the ground
1480327183_pic_0870.jpg

1480327234_pic_0871.jpg

8. Another signal response which was starting to look promising and worth the 5 minutes of cleaning - after getting 2 pieces of rust in between - I maintained that nice speed ensuring to cover all or as much of the ground as I could
1480327300_pic_0878.jpg

1480327311_pic_0879.jpg

1480327322_pic_0880.jpg

9. Right along side the previous target - again deeper in the hard material - another rust target unearthed - it goes to show that in this case some operators who dont consistently cover the grounds, may have just hit the rust targets first and either thought to themselves this area is just junk and not being thorough enough to keep checking - I was lucky enough in both cases to hit the gold first then followed by the rust - but I always consistently cover the ground, remove and get visual on each target.
1480327367_pic_0884.jpg

10. 3 Pieces for a few hours - all cleaned up - and again another enjoyable day - had a plan before entering the fields and all seemed to work well, if I had not found gold today, at least I followed my rules and maintained that consistent coverage. I advised last time that I would follow this continuation and clean the area and look what happened.
1480327521_pic_0887.jpg

Hope you all enjoy these images and see more of what can be achieved on a little effort and planning.

I want to talk now about what I mentioned at the start of this post - what would you do if you have a nice little area that is very secluded away from the everyday public - even on weekends it is a nice quiet place, it has taken a while over your prospecting years to stumble across and seems to be an excellent group of old miners workings that seems to be untouched by the everyday prospector except for one.

When I mention except for one - when I first found this place the workings run all the way in one direction and appears to have been surfaced at the top - the line of workings at the top has been completely removed. by a machine, tractor, front end loader. All of this looks to be at least 12 months or 2 years old where the surfacing is. Now in certain area's there looks to be new signs of front end loader diggings, maybe 3 weeks to the last few months - ie dirt removal from the old timers workings, fresh signs of tyre marks.

Today when I went back out to this area - I have seen that this loader has been removing more dirt from the sides of the workings - just keeps taking more and more into all the mullock heaps, pushing his way further taking all material off the top. These were definitely done over this weekend just gone.

The problem I have is this is on Crown Bushland / State Forest - and the adjoining property which is his has a mountain of extremely rich old workings - this property is where the guy is coming from because there is a bulk load of his loader marks on his property where he has been pushing all workings on his land and also pushing a lot of trees, shrubs away.

I have looked to see if this land or adjoining property has a current P/L or M/L and it doesnt, have you ever been to a property and you get that eerie feeling - us prospectors who abide by all the rules who find our good little spots need to be able to protect them from people like this. I am just amazed that someone with some of the best old workings I have seen which looks to be very rich needs to be driving into the crown land section of what is left into the old historic workings and destroying them is just beyond me. He even has his own little section on the fence line which he has cut and made a make shift entry way.

If this annoys me, I couldnt imagine what the miners endured back in their days where they relied entirely on the gold they find.

Maybe this guy thinks to get as much from this section as he can and that way he has the minerals on his land for himself when time persists.

I feel like doing some detective work and snapping pictures from his land and seeing if he is running a dodgy processing plant. And hopefully catching him digging with his loader and taking the material from the crown land section.

MG,this. greedy "Thief" and that's what he is. What he is doing is completely illegal and I don't know how far you would wan't to become involved, but the DSE I'm sure would be very interested in looking at the photographs and evidence that this "Thief" is stealing from and damaging Crown Land. I would be very interested in the outcome.

Hi MG

I have seen this type of behaviour in NSW a number of times... it disgusts me. These are the actions of nothing but total greed... I have seen this in a National park and like the example you mention, you could PLAINLY see the tire tracks / grader marks leading from their property. I have also seen the impact of what looked like sampling across a ridge line with a dingo / trailer set up.. a scoop here and there on old diggings / surfacing areas... on crown land

For me the issue is they set a mindset with locals and officials and give them the fodder they need to tighten our freedoms to fossick. Additionally gold is not a renewable resource. Once its gone from the top meter for us.. thats forever.

These people are greedy and selfish and cant seem to care if they get caught as is obvious by how blatant they are.

However I also have a dislike for going dog on someone...

This is a real moral dilemma

Beautiful reports as always MG. :) :)
As for the person doing the wrong thing,
Just think about how much you enjoy your hobby.
Then think about all the hard determined work
put in by people who stand up to keep our hobby alive.
Trail Cam up in a tree set on motion.
Or, Make a sign up,
" Smile, You are on Camera "

Hi All,

Thanks for your advice and thoughts on this one, I see this a the following

Anyone who fought in Eureka for our beliefs as miners - clearly this operator disregards these rights and has his own.
Damaging to tree and vegetation on a large scale - Greens
Affecting possible water structures - DEWLP - Department of environment water land planning
Stealing form the Crown - Minerals that are protected under our rights
PMAV - Prospectors and Mining Association Victoria
DNRE
DEPI

Native wildlife habits - any native species in these area's could also be affected by this

It is one of those things that we must look at the impact on every level - and how this affects future generations of prospectors/detector operators - once its gone no more for the younger generation to enjoy this wonderful hobby.

What gives this guy the right to simply disregard the rules and do this - if we were all like this and the lands werent regulated then every man and his dog would have ripped the bushlands apart with machines and we wouldnt be doing what we do today, it was past generations who helped sustain the fields and we also need to do the same in situations like this.

Unless the government do a similar thing like the waterways for future generations - would be good if the government dropped about 1000 new nuggets in the major goldfiled area's - you know stimulation of the markets etc - like stocking a fish pond

Regards M.G

G'day all,if we as prospectors dig a hole in a road we could have all our gear taken for damageing it,this so an so of a bloke sounds like he's
taken half a hill,all his gear should be taken off him,one big fat fine and put to hard labour to revegetate the hole area he has damaged.

This bloke needs to be caught Trail cam him

I'd just report him MG, let's face it this bloke isn't going to change if any one of us stroll up and say hang on a minute you can't do that.

At least by reporting it to relevant authorities you know your standing by all the hard working decent volunteers who fight so hard for all of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts