⭐ Show Us Your Cut Stones - Before And After Photos

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
17 I sent with only one reject!
I picked out the clearest ones that I thought would cut, cheap rates.
Always wonder if you get back what you send though!

Thanks Dezman, was wondering if you sent them all as there were quite a few in your pics from Black Springs. Yeah does make you wonder, I'm sure they need to keep thier reputation though, so probably are the same ones.

Finally......... a Moranbah diamond off the machine.

Sorry for the poor quality photo, finish could have been a bit better too, but this untrained gem-cutter is happy with his first decent sized stone. :lol:

1402117351_image.jpg

Looks good to me Wally69!

How long does it take to cut a stone? I know thats a pretty open ended question or rather how long did you spend on cutting that stone?

About 6 hours in total for this one would be my reckoning, that would reduce substantially if I knew what I was doing, to maybe about 3 hours?...

This one has been on the machine for some time as I have been trying to source some diamond paste. Last weekend's wet weather got the better of me so I finished it off with the powder I have.

I have confirmed my theory that I need to get through a few more practice stones before I graduate onto the pretty blue ones, those girdle cuts are easily overcut. :(

Not bad wally,you just have to learn not to cut the full cut ,leave a little fat for your last polish and this will sharpen all your facets ,there is no chance of putting some back on once it is cut off

Nice work but ,it looks sweet :)

Varts......

Looks good for a first effort there Wally, gotta be happy with that!

If that is the start, I look forward to seeing what you do when you get some experience under your belt

Cheers, Tone

Awesome first cut Wally. I know the practice is no where as easy as the theory. But don't it feel good seeing the finished stone. :)

Great stuff.

WOW great work. What size would that be or how many carats? Just trying to gauge the size looking at it..Dan

DanielGOLD said:
WOW great work. What size would that be or how many carats? Just trying to gauge the size looking at it..Dan

Big enough to impress the lady and big enough to cut again if I outgrow looking at it ;)

A picture says more than I can

1402148259_image.jpg