⭐ Show Us Your Cut Stones - Before And After Photos

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1399212232_image.jpg

After the dob,pre shape on this fellow first..

Varts said:
Was out black springs today,to cold to dig .talked to a couple out there and the old bloke tex for about an hr then come home with no dirt ,looking around native dog creek etc
Was keen but the cold beat me :)
I was there on Saturday and it was snowing. I managed to take home half a bucket of concentration and found nine sapphires . I have tried to transfer pictures from my wife mobile phone to put it but without success..
Karl

Thought I might throw these up , before and after cuts , Spinel !, Star Sapphire , small green saph cut heart shape and Topaz -teardrop , I love the spinel when cut.-- anyone else ? had a couple of better sapphires cut - unfortunately theyre going into a white gold ring with a diamond at this time so no pics as yet

1400484982_p5190196.jpg

1400484931_p5190193.jpg

:eek:

That's fantastic. I love seeing the before and afters.

Have you got any measurements or pics with a coin for a sense of scale?

The top right and bottom right stones are the only ones swapped in the "after" picture?

What are the stones again sorry I am not sure I understood which was which?

Sorry for all the questions

Very dilligent of you D&S you are correct I meant to post these pics before but never got around to it so I improvised with some uncuts close to the originals so we get the idea and very close to the original cutters , didn't mean to deceive but wanted to show as close as pos before and after shots in saying that Top to bottom and left to right we have Spinel, Topaz, Sapphire { cabochon } small Sapphire -Pale green and Spinel. the representitives are top to bottom and left to right Spinel by 2 , Star Sapphire , Pale green Sapphire --POOR PHOTO ! ,and Topaz. hope I answered all your questions .the Topaz is nice the Spinel I like ,the Star Saph is not the greatest but hey I love it and the little Saph is what it is .AS FOR SIZE These stones are all local Tassies gems and we are not renowned for large stones ,sorry I didn't add a coin for ref but I guess they're all massive to me. :)

Nice stones ... Are they done by lamberts or yourself ?
Guess you don't need to size them with a coin , you could tell the people about what carat they are , finished and before . If you can remember! Lol , I'd be interested too...:)

Barney ..
That welds sure keeps people busy that way..

1400578723_img_2193_800x598.jpg

1400578662_img_2194_598x800.jpg

CZ I cut for the Canberra Show earlier this year.
Step Oblong with cut corners (olive), Brilliant cut (yellow), Petal cut (Deep green).
Have some naturals on the go so will post outcomes when I get them finished!

Thanks Thomas. Im a fan of smokey quartz. Better photography on that one too!
Sarah

After a couple trial runs as a bare rookie, I've summoned up the courage to have a go at something I hope comes out good enough to set in a pendant. The piece of material was sitting in my grandfathers collection for a good 40 years, took it into the club the other night and ran it through the saw. The 2 little slabs should yield enough material to make another 2 cabs this size plus some small ones. This is the before shot - I hope I can post a decent after shot. If I stuff it up, I'll put the remainder aside until I'm a bit more experienced.

14251853491_4db4a44d0e_c.jpg

It's amazing how something so small is so lovely, and cutting them yourselfs too.
1401442421_image.jpg

These are from my last years effort from black springs and near by, Lamberts done the cutting
And took about three months to return.
The big one is 2.5 ct and a nice fat cut too.

I'm hoping to get into Opal this winter and iv found an old cutting setup, so hope to cut some myself.

Hey Varts I miss the forest, great spot to dig.

Sorry iv been away people, business you know what I mean!

Two week and I'm free to dig BIG holes for small stones again :D

Latest posts