⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TTKooAu said:
paul_mac1 said:
Hey Nenad, thats what its like now your getting older. .......good days......bad days :D :p :D
Sorry mate, couldnt help myself :rolleyes:

hahaha.....you crack me up paul-mac!

speaking of bad days.... how's the foot???

(sorry for butting in!) ;)

Hahaha! Its getting better thanks mate, see the surgeon on the 2nd. Ill let you know how I go.

My first ever gold find. This week at Creswick using my Nokta Fors Gold. It was covered in Ironstone and I didn't realise it was a nugget until I got it home and looked at it about 20 times. Eventually convinced myself it wasn't a piece of brass. STOKED !!!! It weighs 10 grams! Still needs a bit of cleaning.
1471782298_nugget7.jpg
the 2nd pic is how it looked when I found it :/
1471782645_nugget8.jpg

PhaseTech said:
SteelPat said:
BigWave said:
Looks like many of us are looking for flatter ground :( Maybe that's where the big ones are lurking :D

Maybe its just we are all getting older and cant cope with the hilly ground :|

My knees are knackered from too many years of indoor soccer, but they magically feel great when I get to the goldfields. :cool:

Geeze, I didn't think that you were old enough to have to suffer such things, Sorry to hear that Mate.

Best you go and build a cabin out in the Goldfields then, Instant Cure, and Not One quid paid to medicare, :lol: :lol: :lol:

John

Thanks Sandta, yes, great feeling! it was about 10cm deep, right next to a fallen tree branch which obviously hadn't been moved for quite a while.

Thanks Paul_Mac1, great feeling for sure. I just wish I'd realised straight away that it was gold - I would have got the buzz instantly. I'll know next time :) Still learning though. Cheers.

oncoarse said:
Thanks Paul_Mac1, great feeling for sure. I just wish I'd realised straight away that it was gold - I would have got the buzz instantly. I'll know next time :) Still learning though. Cheers.

Its all part of the learning curve mate.

Congrats on your first find oncoarse. You never forget that first nugget.well done mate.

I cleaned it up using 9% Hydrochloric acid, then toothpaste, then Nitric (which didn't seem to have a great deal of effect,) then bicarb, then Hydrochloric again, then finished it off with the ultrasonic cleaner with a drop of washing up liquid and a dash of cloudy ammonia - worked a treat. Here it is, I don't think I'll be touching it again :)
1471858739_10gnugget.jpg

Latest posts