⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mr consistent ...... well done Scrounger. You never let us down, and that 3.3 grammer is a ripper.
I was at Talbot yesterday too ....... But nothing other than a bag of shot gun pellets, 22 bullet shells, nails, wire, tin. No gold. However I did keep away from diggings. I'm new to the area and still exploring spots I've looked at on Geovic. Got a half dozen spots to try.
Did find in the afternoon a real nice looking long saddle reef with coloured quartz shedding down both sides. Only had time to detect the ridge and the soil was brown, shallow and gravelly. It looked like shallow wash. Will get back there next weekend to work the sides and valleys.
Cheers Dignit

Dig'n-it - I set out to do the same. I found a reef and did some research on Geovic as well as going over topo maps. Found where I expected the gold to shed and I found 1 bit exactly where i expected. It really needs a good going over but I wanted to explore the whole area.

I then moved and checked out a few diggings (lots of topsoil and no targets) so I moved on again and thats when I bumped into Scrounger. He had already cleaned out one area and he showed me another but I think he wanted me to clean shot from the area - payback for last weekend I reckon :p

SteelPat said:
Dig'n-it - I set out to do the same. I found a reef and did some research on Geovic as well as going over topo maps. Found where I expected the gold to shed and I found 1 bit exactly where i expected. It really needs a good going over but I wanted to explore the whole area.

I then moved and checked out a few diggings (lots of topsoil and no targets) so I moved on again and thats when I bumped into Scrounger. He had already cleaned out one area and he showed me another but I think he wanted me to clean shot from the area - payback for last weekend I reckon :p
Yeah, you got to watch that Scrounger. He's a crafty bugger. LOL!
But you do owe him from last week. ;)

Managed to get out for 2 hours or so for a swing today. Never seen so many pick holes in my life. Managed to find a little patch which I'm yet to clean up. As you can tell by my hands I've been doing some motorbike riding as well haha.

1461502030_rps20160424_224619.jpg

Shit walshie... It seems every time u go out your always finding the yellow. well done mate.

Got up early this morn and went back to the little patch while the girls slept in at camp. My mate steve and i raked a small area and snagged a few more. Still got a fair bit of ground to check properly inbetween the finds from yesterday and today. Keano will help me clean it out im sure :D

1461548231_rps20160425_113613.jpg

Great finds steelpat. Nice and chunky. I just realised you live down my way. Sorry to bombard the thread with pics. Hadnt really thought about the weight of my finds from the patch as other things were keeping me busy on the weekend. Just weighed them and am stoked with just under 6 and a half grams for a few hours work.

1461569757_rps20160425_173042.jpg

Latest posts