⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It naturally gets burnt by fire bombing from aircraft. Or by lease holders, idigenous, shooters, prospectors, and cattlemen, it is burnt every dry season, the lease holder asked me to burn today, but its still too green.

Bloody hell mate, i dips me lid to ya for detecting in that type of terrain. I'll never complain again about a few fallen branches and bracken :lol: :lol: :lol:

Its not as bad after the burn offs, lol! I just have cabin fever....also, those pics are from 3 weeks ago, on low ground (best areas) the high ground is much clearer, with some gravel patches. Today, I was on low ground, but found a laterite outcrop that had a few 1 or 2 meter square clear spots, so "pot holed" the clear spots.

Is there a 'lot' of gold lying around similar to the GT down here or is it much wider spread and less common davent?

There is a lot of gold lying about, its just much harder to get too. My mate got 12 oz last year with an sdc, on heavily detected ground.The pine creek oragin is pretty big, goes from darwin to katherine and as far east as kakadu, about 300sq km, nearly all of it leased. Getting permission is straight forward, you need to contact the lease holders in writing 2 weeks in advance of your mission, if no reply, then its assumed all is good. By rights, they can, t say no, but can deley you if your presence interferes with their operations, cattle muster, burn offs etc.there was an 8 to 10 oz nug found over easter, one of my mates got a 62 grammer last year, and another mate pinged a 22 grammer about a month ago. My best so far is 1.6gm and next best is a .9gm and todays .5, but this will be a good year for me, I know it.
My mate has an extraction lease, and has found the source, I was camped on his lease last night. Just waiting for the burn off to start digging. I help him dig, he lets me detect anywhere on his lease any time, no notice required. I have seen what he has found. Some locals reckon he is just a mad old prospector, but I have seen and believe!

Fantastic, thanks for sharing :lol: Two of my nephews have not long ago moved up to Darwin to live, if i ever visit them i might give you a call if that's OK? I'd love to have a look around.

Definatley look me up mate, im a mad keen fisho too, slap a barra and nugget on the same day! I have a spare detector to, a TDI PRO OZ, trying to sell it , but no takers, its a good detector, but I bought the gpx thinking that it would be easy to sell the tdi, and subsadise the minelab.....wrong! Only reaso I got the gpx, was I was after a couple of new coils for the tdi, when I found a month old gpx for $2900, hardly ever used, so I thought, I was gonna spend $800 to grand on coils, and the tdi cost me $1500, might as well upgrade.....

Awesome nugget davent. Very interesting country. I haven't been to Darwin personally, very different ground to what I'm used to in Vic haha.
I just realized I didn't show all of the nuggets found on the patch on the weekend. 2 or 3 must have been hiding in my container. Here's a pic of them just cleaned with a brush in soapy water. Don't think I'll give them the acid treatment, I like the look of them the way they were found. I now have more than enough clean gold to get the misses wedding ring made so I think I'll just keep them all as I find them now. Any thoughts?

1461664404_rps20160426_195134-1.jpg

Funny how some come out of the ground all nice and shiny and others dull. Occasionally i tip a little water in my collecting container and give them a bit of a wash but i'm not fussed either Walshie. The bright ones almost look fake at times they're that shiny.
So i'm a fence sitter when it comes to polishing my nugs :lol: :lol:

Yeah its funny how each nugget can be so different. I'm with you scrounger, I reckon I'll leave them as is.

Latest posts