⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bike, tent, detector and freedom... the world is our oyster! ;)

Thanks all for your words of encouragement. I hope to catch up with you all in the field

All the best of luck in 2016
Cheers

Jason

Thanks guys, been busy with training and everything else.. Was out training in the lovely 40 plus degree heat.. Have another day this week coming and then off to the river for a bit to do some fishing.. Looking forward to that.. Seve you will have to make your way back down mate.. Been ages since we have seen you guys..

Thanks mate going over to wa in the end of April for about 3 months hope to find the big one..... :D

Hi All PA members and a happy new year to you. Well I have closed the books for 2015 tallied the gold total and reset the counter ;) To start 2016 off I decided to go back to a reef I found a few weeks ago and have another dig knowing I would put some runs on the board. Spent 3hrs and managed to snag almost 2grams. Gold is plentiful however it is in quartz and has to be smashed out and then dollied and using hand tools is not all that profitable if you had to make a living from it. However I don't mind the hard work just love the feeling every time I snag a new piece no matter how small it is. Below is the haul:

1451854921_img_20151231_213601-optimized.jpg

1451855595_image.jpg

At last I have something worth posting in Show n Tell.
Nice collection Tryhard but I pipped you by 0.01g.
I got back yesterday from a week at Inglewood. The heat really challenged my resolve and passion with multiple days at 36C and one day at 38. Nonetheless I met some great people at the Caravan Park and found 5 bits ranging from 0.87 to 0.08g. I found 4 pieces on my last day after switching to headphones as opposed to external speaker. I switched because it was very windy. I'm not sure if it was coincidence or that I was just hearing signals better. The largest piece was on a small patch that had been racked by someone else and on the edge of their dig hole. The 2nd largest at 0.53 was 3m away. Both were at 8" in a quartz gravel. I use a 4500 and was using a new (Christmas present to myself) Coiltek 11" Mono Elite. Very impressed with the depth especially for the size gold.
Thanks to Goldigg for recommending the 11" Elite. Can't wait now to get out and prove whether the headphones were a coincidence. I don't rink it was. Just very sweaty in the heat but when you're finding gold who cares.
All the best to you all for detecting in 2016.
Cheers Dig'n-it :D :D

Well done dig n it. You blokes deserve those finds sticking it out in the weather we've been getting. I only latest about 4 hours on New Years day :lol: :lol:

Baldy said:
Found my first bit of South Aust, Gold...not easy to come by ,but it is here..looked hard for that second bit but it didn't come..Anywhy very happy to find something in this state..https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/5602/1451869165_image.jpeg

Nice find Baldy. You are spot on with your SA assessment,, certainly not easy to come by.
I thought I had found my first nugget last week at Mt Crawford, but it was a little hotrock. Oh well, keep on swinging, keep on panning :)

Mongrels ;) , all opening your gold accounts for 2016. Nah good on you all. I got bit by a damn dog on my knee the day after new years, sunk a fang right in. Knees as stiff as, on antibiotics and out of action for a few weeks. Oh well at least I can watch you guys find it.

Latest posts