⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dig'n-it said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/5167/1451855595_image.jpg
At last I have something worth posting in Show n Tell.
Nice collection Tryhard but I pipped you by 0.01g.
I got back yesterday from a week at Inglewood. The heat really challenged my resolve and passion with multiple days at 36C and one day at 38. Nonetheless I met some great people at the Caravan Park and found 5 bits ranging from 0.87 to 0.08g. I found 4 pieces on my last day after switching to headphones as opposed to external speaker. I switched because it was very windy. I'm not sure if it was coincidence or that I was just hearing signals better. The largest piece was on a small patch that had been racked by someone else and on the edge of their dig hole. The 2nd largest at 0.53 was 3m away. Both were at 8" in a quartz gravel. I use a 4500 and was using a new (Christmas present to myself) Coiltek 11" Mono Elite. Very impressed with the depth especially for the size gold.
Thanks to Goldigg for recommending the 11" Elite. Can't wait now to get out and prove whether the headphones were a coincidence. I don't rink it was. Just very sweaty in the heat but when you're finding gold who cares.
All the best to you all for detecting in 2016.
Cheers Dig'n-it :D :D

Congrats andy thats a great little patch. Glad you got the 11 purring im constantly surprised at just how strong the threshold pull is on these coils. Cant believe you detected through the heat mate you really have the fever.

With all these great finds bit reluctant to post my little piece from today but i was starring into a huge valley today that had been mined extensively in Ballarat just down from the indicator and noticed a very small orange area of ground poking through the scrub. After wading through gorse i found the little patch of ground about 5x3 meters on a bench to my delight it was fractured bedrock with wash still sitting on this edge. My guess there was a structure here for whilst mining. I pulled the 4500 out with 11 elite and pinged this little speci out of the white clay sitting under a red layer on the bedrock. Ill be taking the drywasher back to turn this dirt after running it through a crusher.
1452078659_20160106_214243.jpg
1452078720_20160106_211454.jpg

Great finds guys .I found this little tacka
yesterday evening .The best thing about going back to work after the break....I get to go detecting on the way home for a few hrs,after deliveries.love it !

1452110477_image.jpg

Jon said:
Mongrels ;) , all opening your gold accounts for 2016. Nah good on you all. I got bit by a damn dog on my knee the day after new years, sunk a fang right in. Knees as stiff as, on antibiotics and out of action for a few weeks. Oh well at least I can watch you guys find it.

bugger...get better soon, we found nearly all the gold already ;)

Well done and happy New Year Tom. You're better man than me mate, i had a few hours out on New Years day, got a few bits but wimped it with the heat :lol:

Look forward to it mate, best you to contact me when it suits you otherwise i just get distracted with doing 'stuff'. :lol:

1452248703_image.jpg
well done to all the guys who have opened there account for 2016. Managed to get mine done the last couple of days seeing as its been a bit cooler. Question is does anyone set a detecting goal for the year? Mine is I'd like to reach the ounce mark in total ( it'd be nice to do it in on hit but I've got to be realistic ) didn't quite get there last year so I've got something to work towards.

Latest posts