⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers fellas, that's a ripper of a first nugget Jamie.
I was stoked when i found it and spent the rest of the day with a smile on my dial, stopped a few times just to look at it again lol

My latest find from the weekend(golden triangle).
it is my 44th gold nugget for the year(as a newbie 40gr so far).

1451397047_20151230_004718.jpg

Just got home from the family trip at Daylesford. I've got to say. It's pretty rough country to detect. Not really any flat country. Didn't want to take the young ones too far into the wilderness. I bought a Stephen barnham map from the local information centre and tried a few areas. The lead shot was driving me nuts, but damn I've got some appreciation of the hard work the old timers went through. Any ways here is the finds from three seperate spots from the maps. Surprisingly the majority of it was found within walking distance of town centre. The emi was pretty full on though.
1451465145_image.jpeg

My First

So i gave myself 12 months to find my first nuglett. On Tuesday I hit that target with not much time left!

I recently traded up the old 4000 because it was just too painful to carry on the bike. The SDC is just SO much easier for me to transport.

Day1 I spent on some noisy ground to get the hang of the new machine. Day 2 I toddled off to somewhere i figured was a little more likely and this little 1 gramer was the result. The depth and accompanying surface junk is what kept this in the ground waiting for me I reckon.

I love riding the bike, camping and detecting, and it rates top of field to be able to do all three at the same time

Was a great few days to end the year :)

Cheers
Jason (toecutta)

1451603650_p1030169.jpg

1451603650_p1030172.jpg

1451603650_p1030176.jpg

Well done Jason! welcome to the first nugget club! there is a couple of us members of late, feels good doesn't it, and that is a great set up you have mate, bike tent detector and freedom :)

Latest posts