⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all

This is a real big show and tell.
My first trip out with my new 4800 to Clermont this week end.

Im sure hubby thought he had the edge on me didn't offer any help with start up. Not a problem Off I went one way he the other 3 hours later I was on my radio I found a piece reply BITCH.

The heat was on anyone who knows Clermont knows its been worked and worked I picked it up under a tree branch lucky maybe.

We head back in for lunch and back out about 2pm different spot once again he headed one way I the other so about half hour I get a signal I dug and do you think I could find it I must have had it in my hand 4 times was going to give up, it was a bugger so I just kept at it low and behold a 0.18 bit of gold cant really call him a nugget,
1412570600_fullsizerender.jpg
sooo I once again call on the radio got another real little piece reply BITCH

Well it totalled 0.86 I was over the moon first run with my own detector my own set up and I was literally on my own.

Margaret

Great first up effort & should debunk some myths about the 4800. What coil were you using?

mbasko
Thanks I had a 14x9 nugget finder my settings may have been a bit wild as I'm a L she ran quiet I could have heard a pin drop, it will be interesting on different ground.

Anyway I can find gold that's the main thing.

K-m

KIM-MARGARET said:
mbasko
Thanks I had a 14x9 nugget finder my settings may have been a bit wild as I'm a L she ran quiet I could have heard a pin drop, it will be interesting on different ground.

Anyway I can find gold that's the main thing.

K-m
Your settings can't have been too wild. Picking up 2 x sub grammers first time out with the 4800 is a top effort. The big ones won't be able to hide too long :D
The 14x9 is a good allrounder & looks a good match for the 4800.

well done kim margaret ,thats a steep learning curve first time out , I'm sure hubby will call you sweeter things when you dig a multi ouncer ;)

KIM-MARGARET said:
Hi all

This is a real big show and tell.
My first trip out with my new 4800 to Clermont this week end.

Im sure hubby thought he had the edge on me didn't offer any help with start up. Not a problem Off I went one way he the other 3 hours later I was on my radio I found a piece reply BITCH.

The heat was on anyone who knows Clermont knows its been worked and worked I picked it up under a tree branch lucky maybe.

We head back in for lunch and back out about 2pm different spot once again he headed one way I the other so about half hour I get a signal I dug and do you think I could find it I must have had it in my hand 4 times was going to give up, it was a bugger so I just kept at it low and behold a 0.18 bit of gold cant really call him a nugget,https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1311/1412570600_fullsizerender.jpg sooo I once again call on the radio got another real little piece reply BITCH

Well it totalled 0.86 I was over the moon first run with my own detector my own set up and I was literally on my own.

Margaret
:lol:...love it :cool:

Levytag said:
here's me best... by a long way... 58gms, near Laverton WA, two inches down in a well flogged area..

nice find , i love it over there hoping to get back there next year

The Nugget said:
My small nugget.....sort of sucks following a 58 gram post!!

This was found with a Minelab F1A4 with all standard fittings.....0.23grams.
There is still gold in the hills around Williamstown....although I am struggling to find more!!

Chris
do you mean williamstown vic ?

Latest posts