⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ronk said:
The Nugget said:
My small nugget.....sort of sucks following a 58 gram post!!

This was found with a Minelab F1A4 with all standard fittings.....0.23grams.
There is still gold in the hills around Williamstown....although I am struggling to find more!!

Chris
do you mean williamstown vic ?

South Australia sorry.....

Great finds there folks...
Still to walk over the first bit of colour..lol..

Cheers Nanjim
Jim

Finally opened up the account.

Was shocked, looked, double looked and then triple looked. Boy the ears sharpen up in that area now. Bizarre that I also found 2 x 1 cent pieces nearby, did one of you blokes drop the nugget and the coins???? ;)

SDC2300. Thankyou Nundle Gold gods!

I hope your right Wal in that the first one is the hardest to find.

Probably only 0.3gms, I will weigh it when I get home.

1412761399_nundle_nugget-optimized.jpg

Retirement Stone said:

Was shocked, looked, double looked and then triple looked. Boy the ears sharpen up in that area now. Bizarre that I also found 2 x 1 cent pieces nearby, did one of you blokes drop the nugget and the coins???? ;)

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...s/1817/1412761399_nundle_nugget-optimized.jpg

Good stuff RS. There'll be no stopping you now.

Thanks mbasko,

My nugget reminds me of a bloke at work and his favourite saying. "It may be little but it sure is pretty" :8

Cheers

Retirement Stone said:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...s/1817/1412761399_nundle_nugget-optimized.jpg

Well done mate, beautiful pic, glad you got one, was just a matter of time. :D

Got out to Hill End for a couple of days with the family & Steveo1 + Mrs Steveo1. Camped at the Village Campground - top spot & great company.
We managed to sneak off for a bit of detecting both using SDC2300's. :lol:
I ended up with 11 littlun's + 2 speccis & Steveo1 ended up with around 20 + 3 speccis.
My gold with the bits broken out of my speccis on the 5 cent piece. Got a bit more to dolly up yet too.
1413090535_14130893891050.jpg

1413090621_14130893977711.jpg

Stevo's bits for the trip:
1413090672_14130898368450.jpg

Can't complain about the results. Wasn't long ago I was still trying to get my first bit out there & Stevo got his first one from Hill End this trip.

Heatho said:
Well done Matt and Steveo1, nice bits, couldn't get a piece there to save myself...... Maybe next time, you fellas did well. :)
Thanks Heatho/All - maybe next time things will line up & we'll be able to meet up.
Be interested to know where you blokes were getting hotrocks out there? I'm still to detect one - everything that has signalled on the SDC has contained some gold when broken open. The speccis are real "dirty" looking quartz that usually have ironstone & country rock in the mix as well. I should have put a pic up of one of mine as it looked like a big lump of ironstone. When I washed it you could see some quartz & country rock but it was minimal. I honestly thought that was a hotrock but it had a nice bit of gold mostly encased in the ironstone & pretty much in the centre of it, was about 1-1.5" square, so still no hotrocks out there as yet. Tried about 1/2 dozen places too.

I don't think I or Reeko got any hotrocks in Hill End Matt, was pretty much all junk targets. Great info on the specis there, some of those nugs look quite Iron stained. I won't disregard any rocks like those when detecting at Hill End. The SDC ran very smoothly there.

The bad hotrock spot was in Dog Rocks State Forest, can give you exact details if you like but pretty sure no Gold in them, if it is they are everywhere lol.

A few at Wattle Flat near the hill too, still Goldless type too I think.

No worries - wasn't chasing a spot :lol: . Thought you said (think it was Retirement Stone now I think about it) you were getting hotrocks at Hill End too. No doubt there's a few places that will upset it but yeah they run good at Hill End.

mbasko said:
No worries - wasn't chasing a spot :lol: . Thought you said (think it was Retirement Stone now I think about it) you were getting hotrocks at Hill End too. No doubt there's a few places that will upset it but yeah they run good at Hill End.

I know that mate, all good. :) If all those hotrocks at the SF were gold bearing I'd still give you the spot....... Though after I spent a week or 2 there first. :)

Latest posts