⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geez SCROUNGER You blokes are spoiled for choices in the west and I see you've got some great local fishing as well. That would be heaven for me, camping on a lure fishing goldfield.
Great going and love ya work. Keep all the pics coming, Brown and Gold..

Lee

G'day SCROUNGER,

I'm from over in the East. Dandenong Ranges About 45 minutes from Melbourne. Very little detectable gold over this way, though it is here in small amounts. The fishing is good locally but I tend to head towards Gippsland when I'm camping. Lake Tyers and beyond. Just sayin it would be nice to have both pass times ( Lure fishing and prospecting) on my door step. I camped at Cairn Curran for a week but couldn't get onto the gold or any decent fish. But I will be back.

Cheers, Lee.

Oh, i thought you must have thought i was from over in WA. I couldn't understand the reference to trout. They are few and far between over there. You should head up to Lake Tullaroop. There are a few (legitimate) 10 pounders, both browns and rainbows coming out of there at the moment and not far from gold as well. They are hard work but they're about :lol:

Well Done Lee and Scrounger, great Gold! I found my third ever piece today, Avoca GT Gold, 0.5g very happy with that, hope there's more to follow.
Crap image, couldn't find my close up. Also a pic of where I detected it, 4 metres directly below BIG mounds of diggings, very Quartzy as you can see, going back tomorrow to continue.

1438423964_img_6118.jpg

1438423982_img_6112_1.jpg

:cool:

Thanks guys, glad you enjoyed the story and the pics. I had to rush it as I said I'd post a few photos is a second. Didn't take into account tacking photos, cropping, resizing, uploading and the long winded story.

Goldfield Joe,

Congratulations on your third piece and a great looking nugget at that. It took me six months to get my third nugget. I hope many more come your way. thanks for posting a pic.
Hopefully you get a few species around that pile too.

Lee

SCROUNGER wrote. said:
Just got got back from detecting around Talbot today with the sdc and thought i'd share my gold to trash finds. 18 gold 23 trash, pretty good odds, i'm happy with that, almost one for one. tongue
Gees mate... ya gotta be happy with them odds. 5 full days swinging just Nth of Dunolly yeilded 13 pieces of gold for 222 pieces of $h!t.
I think me & my SDC should be crowned the official "P.A. $H!T & SHOT CHAMPIONS".
Rob.

Hotrob said:
SCROUNGER wrote. said:
Just got got back from detecting around Talbot today with the sdc and thought i'd share my gold to trash finds. 18 gold 23 trash, pretty good odds, i'm happy with that, almost one for one. tongue
Gees mate... ya gotta be happy with them odds. 5 full days swinging just Nth of Dunolly yeilded 13 pieces of gold for 222 pieces of $h!t.
I think me & my SDC should be crowned the official "P.A. $H!T & SHOT CHAMPIONS".
Rob.

Well You Always wanted Letters After Your Name,

Hotrob P.A.S.S.C

yep That works,lol

I've had lots worse shot to gold ratios Hotrob. Maybe i'm doing better now because i've already cleaned up most of the shot? :lol: :lol: Had a fantastic session the other week, my first three signals were gold, it went down hill a little after that though :lol:

G0lddigg@ said:
oxidised iron and or pyrites maybe rhyolite i'm sure one of the geos would be more helpful but thats my guess.
Thanks mate I'm really not great with these rocks I might invest in a book on different rocks.

Latest posts