⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done Keano. I only got eight yesterday and none as big as your largest there. What goldfields were you in if you don't mind me asking? :p

Hey Scrounger, thanks mate.yeah no issues at all with saying where I was working- it was north of Geelong and south of Darwin.... ha ha.

Only eight yesterday mate, my hearts bleeds for you!??

Will PM you mate when I get a oppertunity.

So fair to say in Australia hey Keano? :lol: That's Ok mate, don't want you to give away your spots, i was really just after a region like Dunolly, Maryborough or Maldon etc. Yeah, got 8 yesterday and 14 on friday. I'll post a pic later if i get a chance. Ran into Chuky Boy out at Amherst detecting with his little boy yesterday and he had a nice half grammer? that he picked up with his 4500.

1439172681_img_3327.jpg

Here you go Keano, the ones left hand top are from Friday and those on the lower right are yesterdays. A couple of the lower right ones had to be dug out of the reef rock which was pretty tough going :lol:

No mate, i think Retirement Stones got that position well and truly covered. :lol: There's a few others out there as well that simple don't post their pics that are doing far better than me. It's not that i'm finding more, it's just that i'm posting them up on PA like you and a few others mate. i do it hopefully to encourage others to do the same thing so we can see the sdc results. It fires me up when i see what others have found. :lol:

Hey Chuky, nice to meet you yesterday. How about throwing up a pic of that nugget you pulled with your 4500 yesterday? :p

Some more SDC finds ... the 4800/Elite were only pulling DEEP shorty pellets so stuck with the SDC .....
Some people are reluctant to say where they find their gold, don't mind giving the goldfield, and usually do when I post on Facebook ..... they are bloody big goldfields so don't think it contributes to a 'rush' depleting my areas.

SDC Gold ....
1439198659_img_1736.jpg

Where from, these came from Tarnagulla .....
1439198726_img_1742.jpg

previous ones have been from Talbot ....
1439198801_img_1738.jpg

1439198801_img_1739.jpg

.... and if you're worried about mentioning the goldfield at least mention the state in your post title, prefer to just look at local gold when I'm short on time.
Cheers Tom

Braved the cold for some gold. I must say I love the SDCs performance at night and in that hour after sunrise. Not sure if it is the lack of wind or EMI or that you tend to go a bit slower the darker it is, but it hums a sweet tune and helps the tally. :D

1439375272_image.jpg

Fantastic Wally, beautiful pieces. I agree about detecting late in the quite afternoon with the sdc, but never detected at night. Sounds the go come summer mate.

Great result Wally .... this night detecting seems to be popular with some, never thought to try it myself, can just see me walking in circles and not finding the car.
Well done, Tom

Far out!
Thanks guys :mad: Im stuck at work for another week while the detector sits idle 800klms away.
I need to be out there!
Great motivation. Keep the pics coming.

cheers,
Paul

Latest posts