⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys

A couple of photos of my recent visit to WA I dug the brooch up in a creek ( I think it's pretty cool) we were about 40 kms out of Kalgoorlie.

Cheers

1436845098_image.jpg

1436845099_image.jpg

1436845242_image.jpg

did a little googling out of interest for your horseshoe mate. the anchor is representative of being silver and made in Birmingham, the "a" if it is an a, meaning it was made in the 19th century coulnd;t make out the initials but at least you know Birmingham so could easily follow the lead form there. great find i reckon.

Looks like you had a great trip

I really like the fossilised shark tooth that had a bit of gold dental work :cool:

Thanks for that GOlddigg, the initals are R.J.W. not sure what the other symbol is, looks like an 11. I was really stoked to find it and it bought me luck as I found two little bits of gold soon after.

A couple of others (from Germany) on the trip found about 24 grams, 20 of which came from a 10x10 area, lucky basxxxds

Cheers

Mate you are awsome, as is the knowledge etc on this forum, how good is that.

It amazes me that 100 odd years ago some poor bugger was seeking his fortune in the middle of nowhere,lost his goodluck charm only to have me dig it up (thanks to the 2300) 100 odd years on and other than the pin its not in too bad a shape.

I take my hat off to these people who must have done it incredibly tough back then.

Cheers

Thats what i love about this hobby. Its not just the gold its the stories and the history and research that keeps it going. Thanks for sharing mate

I imagine if it was only plated silver and has been in the ground any length of time, there would be nothing much of it left to dig Because the base metal under the plate would have deteriarated over the years.
With the hall marks stamped on the brouch, it looks like it is made of sterling silver and that will keep its form even if buried for a long period of time.
You may have found a very nice peice there maxwell4..

Good work Scrounger!

That's good going for one day.

Lately when I starting finding shot gun pellets, the gold soon follows.

I have the theory that if I am finding the small pellets that means that there has not been an SDC in this spot, so its game on!

Regards

RS

Latest posts