⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow... hell of a find, nice job! Considering you pulled that out on the 1st day of checking out the gully, exciting to think what may still be waiting to be found! :Y: :goldnugget: :eek:

1574418169_e0a5dc97-0fd9-47a1-b821-1b3954f666a0.jpg

I forgot to get a shot on the scales but I think it was around 5gs, 3gs and around 1g each for the smaller two... and fingers crossed.

Found this bit (50gr) West of Ballarat in February plus another 20 grams over a 2 week period. Then I went up to Georgetown QLD for 3 weeks for another 80 grams. Going to be back in Victoria in the new year sporting a Steelphase Sp01 to see if this bit had any friends I couldn't find without ? ? ?

1574567121_screenshot_20191124_133936_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Hi All

More SDC small stuff from 3 hours on Saturday.

The top two bits of gold came from two pieces of quartz with visible gold showing.

The one on the left of the 5 cent coin was sitting on top of the ground and I moved it with my pick and could see the gold shining in the sun.

1574673720_img_1530-min.jpg

There was .35 of gold in the red quartz once I smashed it, shown in the photo below.

1574674307_img_1531-min.jpg

All up just over a gram.

Regards Anthony. :D

1574758366_ecaae8f1-1727-4799-82b2-3ae50dc32a9e.jpg

Gully is still producing, pretty happy with todays effort. I found some evidence of other prospectors working it today- an old crowbar. Its pretty remote, no obvious visible signs of it being worked but given where Im finding these nuggs I think its the technology gap from the previous chaps.
The bigger one had been well rounded in a pothole.

navieko said:
Mate... that gully of yours is the stuff of dreams! If I was you I'd be extra careful not to let anyone know where it is... I'm super jealous mate! :goldnugget: :Y: :pickshovel:

Ha yeah its funny ya know, I've driven past that gully a number of times and didn't even acknowledge it!!!? But I'm taking the precautions. I prospect alone and tell no one about locations, cover tracks, use decoys, misdirection and denial..... Any paranoid tactic!

Jeff said:
navieko said:
Mate... that gully of yours is the stuff of dreams! If I was you I'd be extra careful not to let anyone know where it is... I'm super jealous mate! :goldnugget: :Y: :pickshovel:

Ha yeah its funny ya know, I've driven past that gully a number of times and didn't even acknowledge it!!!? But I'm taking the precautions. I prospect alone and tell no one about locations, cover tracks, use decoys, misdirection and denial..... Any paranoid tactic!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Any paranoid tactics :heart: :Y: definitely worth keeping that gully (must be the top of the hill, reverse psychology :lol:) quite. Really happy for you Jeff :Y: thanks for sharing :beer:

Latest posts