⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
limpalot said:
Fixed the drought at whroo. Got a small nug today after 4 years. The place was packed with campers every where. I did a couple of day trips from Tatura. There is a little bit of quartz with it so I will soak in acid and put up a picture when I get home. :D :goldnugget:
Picture please.... we need pictures

diggit said:
Rockhunter62 said:
Been getting a collection of those surveyor foils myself. :N:

Cheers

Doug

I cant say I ever heard of one. Can you post a pic please?

I'll see if I can find one tomorrow otherwise it will be next time I find one. They are about 2.5cm wide and about 7cm long thin alloy. Curved ends with a hole in one end usually with a bit of tie wire.

Cheers

Doug

limpalot said:
Fixed the drought at whroo. Got a small nug today after 4 years. The place was packed with campers every where. I did a couple of day trips from Tatura. There is a little bit of quartz with it so I will soak in acid and put up a picture when I get home. :D :goldnugget:

:Y: good work mate, when I get a bit of time we should organise an overnight trip.

Back to the same old hole again with some more pieces.
1556102892_20190424_203819_resized.jpg

Then manage to find a piece much deeper in the red clay.
1556102955_20190424_204006_resized.jpg

Red clay at the bottom of the hole.
1556102999_20190424_171120_resized.jpg

That 17 pieces from the one hole it's starting to get very wide.
cheers db

That hole looks like on good ground. I would be widening it further in all directions and would think it will be still producing. From ground level the targets are to deep to detect unless ground level dropped 6" to a foot. My thoughts.

The hole is about 1.5metres square at the moment I back fill it before I leave each time. The pieces I find are detected with the GPZ first then recovered with the 2300.
The GPZ seems to find the deeper gold better then the 2300 but pin pointing the targets in the hole is better with the 2300. I'll take a photo of the first nugget out that lead to the hole it was at about 24" down.
Cheers db

Rockhunter62 said:
diggit said:
Rockhunter62 said:

Cheers

Doug

I'll see if I can find one tomorrow otherwise it will be next time I find one. They are about 2.5cm wide and about 7cm long thin alloy. Curved ends with a hole in one end usually with a bit of tie wire.

Cheers

Doug

i didnt mean the tags doug the thin foil they bury so they get a base reading from the magnatrometer? they fly over with i guess,usually about a metre or so square of it buried 4-6 odd when ive found it,you think youve hit lasseters reef.....

Goldchaser1 said:
Rockhunter62 said:
diggit said:
Rockhunter62 said:

Cheers

Doug

Cheers

Doug

i didnt mean the tags doug the thin foil they bury so they get a base reading from the magnatrometer? they fly over with i guess,usually about a metre or so square of it buried 4-6 odd when ive found it,you think youve hit lasseters reef.....

Know what you mean now Dave, have found some of that before but not a complete piece. :Y:

Cheers

Doug

Rockhunter62 said:
Goldchaser1 said:
Rockhunter62 said:
diggit said:
Rockhunter62 said:

Cheers

Doug

Cheers

Doug

Know what you mean now Dave, have found some of that before but not a complete piece. :Y:

Cheers

Doug

Oh I did!....the '7' was going off 3 mtrs away! thought I'd found a reef!

cairnspom said:
Rockhunter62 said:
Goldchaser1 said:
Rockhunter62 said:
diggit said:

Cheers

Doug

Cheers

Doug

Oh I did!....the '7' was going off 3 mtrs away! thought I'd found a reef!
Ha ha...done the same.. 7 screaming all directions....got excited...started digging...then disappointment :(

Latest posts