⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1518258617_20180208_200220.jpg

Just returned from 4.5 days prospecting in GT Vic, being new to prospecting (previously only having found 3 small nuggets). Well I was overwhelmed opening 2018 with 12 nuggets and getting my first 2 gramer!! A lot of small nuggets shallow, think I will have to try and target deeper ground as the 2 gram piece came from around 25cm deep. Detector is GPZ7000, love prospecting. :D

Good effort mate,
Persistence pays. So does checking other people's holes :lol:
More for your bank mate :Y:

Yeah mate it comes in at 1.3 grams so geussing just under a gram of gold. That one was from a different spot this morning. Just been watching the mogul skiing. Makes my knee hurt just watching it. :)

Finally, a change of luck. Found the 3 pieces before brekkie Sat morn, all within about 10m in a straight line.
Jwal and I headed up Fri night and got in an hour of detecting before dark. No gold in that session.
Was a great evening sitting under the stars sipping on a red. We slept in our cars, so was really convenient. All we had to setup was our chairs.
Big thanks to BigWave and Jwal for sharing the spot they found gold at the weekend before. Think they were feeling sorry for my dry run of late.
The bigger specie weighed in at 3.3g.
Jwal was near by and I called him over when I was about 4-6 down. I was so confident it was Gold I asked Jwal to film the rest of the dig on my iPhone. Ended up being 6-8 down. It is great to have the video. When I get a moment Ill see if I can get it on PA.
We moved on after brekkie to find some shallower ground better suited to Jwals SDC, but by 12 the rain settled in and we had to call it quits.
It was a short but great trip!
Thanks again BigWave. :Y:
1518389812_39ffa27b-0159-408c-b359-c947d3c14f33.jpg

That's a beautiful speccie Dig'n-it! I'll bet that put a smile on your face when finally in hand :D

Looking forward to seeing the video of that one coming out. Always exciting to see.

Keep up the great work all!
Cheers,
Shauno.

Nice change of luck Andy :Y: it's a good feeling when the gold gods are on your side. Looking forward to the video as well.

1518484781_imag1293_1.jpg
1518484872_imag1289_1.jpg

Very happy with my best weekend so far with the 4500 using the 11" commander and 17X13 evo.

Previous best was 2.5g so this certainly tops that!

Total of 19 grams with the biggest being 11grams.
I finally got to feel the weight of a decent nugget drop into your hand when you start the search once it's out of the hole.

The 11g was only about 8 inches down and the 4.7 was just about 12".

We'll it's not a flash production, but here is the video of the 3.3g I found on Saturday.
Took me a while to sort out how to edit on the iPhone and get it on to YouTube.
As you can see it was pretty hot Sat morn, and you can see my hands shaking with excitement.
I've got it soaking in some alibrite now, hoping to dissolve some of the ironstone and show more of the gold.
It's quite a solid piece, and by the feel of the weight I think its mostly gold.
Cheers
[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/QtYJzjBFjeM[/video]

Latest posts