⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1512954089_gold.jpg

2 days effort last week .... personal best 13 pieces in one day, 7 of them from the same hole. Biggest piece in the middle was 1.25g. The 0.4g teardrop shaped one at the top gave the best signal, about 10 cm deep with another 10cm large river gravel, sticks and leaves on top. The smallest piece at the bottom was too small to weigh on my scales, < 0.04g!

All found with the SDC and SP01.

Hi Folks,

I took a mate out to a location that had produced some nice gold with a 5000 but the area had not given up anything in the last two trips. Decided to use our SDCs that wed only recently purchased. After walking through some difficult terrain, we finally arrived at the spot and decided to set off in opposite directions. Wed only been detecting for about 5 minutes before I got a nice little signal. Called my mate over so that he could run his detector over the target and compare what each machine was telling us. He was using the inbuilt speaker and setting 4 and I was using a Deteknix wireless system plugged into an SP01 with Gog headphones (setting 5). He initially passed the coil above the target gliding over a couple of protruding rocks. No signal was evident. When he slid the coil between rocks the SDC chirped clearly. The difference in quality of signal produced by each machine was only marginal. I thought that my detector had a very slight edge with the setup I was using but we both would have grabbed a pick to investigate further. Anyway, a nice little .3g piece was the end result.
1513072753_204a91c9-e70c-4142-943b-152e1e589b3b.jpg

I had previously pulled a nugget only a couple of meters away with the GPX and knew that the area had been checked quite well. I put it down to the small coil getting much closer to the target than would have been possible with the 12 Evo. My first SDC nugget - I was stoked. We continued detecting for about an hour before we met up at the starting point. My mate had only detected a very small area and was carefully checking a section of ground not far from where Id pulled my little piece. When I spotted him, he was just sorting through some clay and gravel to uncover this little ripper.
1513073659_9ecf37cd-a10d-432a-a694-1ed0819aeaa1.jpg

The 1.6gram piece put a big smile on both of our faces. Wed broken in our SDCs and would take home some pretty yellow stuff. It was starting to get late so we decided it was time to pull stumps before the mozzies carried us away. We were pleased with the performance of the SDCs and how they were able to get into tight corners. I was impressed with how well the inbuilt speaker worked. Admittedly it was a perfectly still afternoon with no external sounds to be heard but under those conditions, there appeared to be minimal advantage to wearing headphones. They would come into their own on those windy, noisy days.

Cheers

Les

Lesgold said:
The 1.6gram piece put a big smile on both of our faces. Wed broken in our SDCs and would take home some pretty yellow stuff. It was starting to get late so we decided it was time to pull stumps before the mozzies carried us away. We were pleased with the performance of the SDCs and how they were able to get into tight corners. I was impressed with how well the inbuilt speaker worked. Admittedly it was a perfectly still afternoon with no external sounds to be heard but under those conditions, there appeared to be minimal advantage to wearing headphones. They would come into their own on those windy, noisy days.

Cheers

Les

Congrats on your first SDC gold Les,
IMO the Sdc should be used with headphones as the very small gold will only give the slightest rise in threshold and would be missed by a crunch of a footstep.
I have found running the machine flat out to give an advantage on the depth side of things and have tested this on multiple undug targets both lead and gold.
Cheers
Reeko

Good stuff Chewy. Some nice bits there. Got to be happy with that haul.

I reckon youre right Reeks, the headphones will be the go. Bloody hot though. Looks like the SDC will compliment the gpx in the hunt for yella. Itll mean back tracking over all the country Ive covered and having another look see.

Cheers

Les

Went out to Dunolly the other day with RCGOLD and had a really good day ,we went to an area that looked like there had been no old timer work there,there was workings in the gully but not on the hillside we were on, also very little detector work ,anyway spent about 4 hours and came out with three pieces between us I had one my stepson had two all up we had 7.37 grams for the day the pic is the bit I got .

1513717026_dunolly.jpg

Latest posts