⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice little specie with the GM 1000. About a 45 min swing whilst taking the dog for a run. Plenty more to look at at that spot.

1504440208_image.jpg

Was at Tuena last weekend and got these little guys using my SDC 2300.
It's a bloody awesome machine :D
The last photo that I crushed a bit you can see black material, it looked like tar as when I crushed a bit more it would bend.
Is it tar or something else.
I have 2 other quarts to break open as it has gold in it I hope.
All gold was found 2 to 4 inches deep.

1504499590_img_0750.jpg

1504499590_img_0751.jpg

1504499590_img_0752.jpg
1504499613_img_0749.jpg

Hi Folks,

Took two of my daughters out for a look on Saturday and Sunday. What a top Father's Day present. Unfortunately they weren't able to come home with some of the good stuff. The "no win" days are important however, as it makes the good days so special. It's just a shame that the top times don't always happen when you would really like them to.

Two of today's pieces were taken from a crevice. Got a good signal over what appeared to be a shallow and unremarkable slit in bedrock. Removed some leaves by hand and then took one scrape of the pick. A shiny little nugget was just sitting there winking at me. Wow, if only every dig was that was easy. I was just about to move on but thought I'd better run the coil over the target area to check. The gpx spoke again but crevice appeared to be empty. I didn't know what was going on until I had a closer look. There was a small slit about 4mm wide that ran along the bottom of the crevice at an angle making it difficult to spot. I couldn't see anything but the machine was telling me a different story. After pinpointing the target, I chipped away at the rock for about five minutes until the biggest piece of the day popped out.

Also spent half an hour digging a hole to China to recover the next welcome stranger. The hole was filling with water and I was down to bedrock. This was going to be something special. The machine was screaming and I was getting excited. I now have one question for you all. How does a soft drink ring pull get down that deep? The message was clear. Time to go home.

Cheers

Les
1504601690_img_0324.jpg

1504601714_img_0322.jpg

Hey Doug,

It leaves you feeling gutted. You walk for ages, battle through scrub to find that special secret spot that no one has ever been to and then you dig up a reality check.... oh well, life goes on. Mackka, the zoom on the iPad can make this small stuff look real good. Happy to come home with the memory of a good walk. A bit of yellow is always a bonus. Size does not matter. All gold is good gold.

Cheers

Les

busted knuckle mining said:
found this little bugger today at durikai (warwick qld)

Fantastic find Busted. You must have been ecstatic! Great to see.

Went to Tibooburra for a few days, on my return from Queensland, it is a different place to detect to what I have been used to. I enjoyed it a lot , as I had never been there before , $10 per , month on the common , $1O per day on Mt Stewart station, $15 per day on Gum Vale station . Never got much , but it was my first time , will go there again .Very shallow gold , small and flaky too, I used my SDC 2300 it was excellent on the small gold.

1504769815_img_0384.jpg

1504769816_img_0386.jpg

1504769817_img_0387.jpg

The 1902 halfpenny was a nice find , probably worth more than the gold ???

Hi Folks,

Just thought I should amend my post from last weekend. On Saturday two of my daughters and I went out to a gully for a swing for no result. I should have mentioned that the GPX was angry and unhappy for most of that morning. It was creaking, squawking and crying for no apparent reason. I quickly checked the lead connection, cut back the gain and stabiliser and dropped it into Enhance to try and pacify it. That only made a marginal difference. My daughter, to her credit, attempted to keep going. Eventually she appeared to get a signal under a large overhanging rock and started to dig out gravel. When I arrived, she had cleaned out a nice little hole down to bedrock. I helped her clean out a little more material but the signal had softened. The GPX was noisy in the hole, out of the hole and was basically screaming every time it was moved. It was, at that time, a piece of unusable scrap metal. We both agreed that the signal was probably false and was due to the machine playing up. We left not long after that. On the walk out I was thinking about the issues created by the GPX and how I was going to get it repaired. Decided to check the machine over one more time. Found the issue straight away. The plug from the battery to the unit was loose. My initial check was rough to say the least. I have a cable guard attached to the shaft which makes removing the coil a job for someone with small fingers. Anyway the problem was fixed and the 5000 started purring like a kitten. Went out to the same area for a swing today and covered a lot of territory for a few pieces of junk. Decided to check the same area that we were in on Saturday as the machine was not telling the truth at that time. As I walked past the "problem rock" I casually swung the coil over the residual gravel that had not been kicked back not the hole. The end to the story is obvious. A clear, strong signal which produced a very nice result.
1504775290_img_0325.jpg

1504775324_img_0330.jpg

My daughter did all the hard work and did not have the pleasure of holding it for the first time. Anyway, that's her first piece and at least she has the story to tell.

Cheers

Les

Well, had a quickly organised great getaway to the GT with Northeast and caught up with a couple of other forum regulars, was great to meet you fellas and put a face to the names. Had a great couple of days and got some great colour for my efforts, .042 up to .49 grams. Was really stoked, using the SDC which I was able to run at level 5 this morning, yesterday however it was really hard work, really warbling and giving of erratic signals and carrying on, but still found three bits in a 12m area, the two larger bits and the smallest. I then asked Northeast to come over this morning and run his Zed over it, well, two shotty pellets later, a really really faint signal and after digging a good 7" or so the Specie appeared! I suggested he keep it but being the gentleman he is he insisted I keep it. Either way I was pretty impressed to see it pull that up!

1505047809_image.jpg

Thanks for the day on Saturday Northeast and Elusive. I managed a couple of small pieces and it was a great catch-up. Don't know why the 5000s and even the SDCs had trouble Saturday, maybe the solar flares?
1505086705_img_0429.jpg

Sorry about the quality of the photo, nearly put the bigger one in the rubbish pouch when I pulled it out it looked like a shotgun pellet.

Latest posts