⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1503676575_screenshot_2017-08-26-01-55-42.jpg

hAyyoUinAU said:
A still from my recent find. The exact moment when I see the 12gram nugget in my hand out of the scoop. Found about 1 inch in gravel and screaming at me. Almost a sunbaker.

QLD reef GOLD.
I recon a nice closeup would be good ,..... better one than what I can do for you lol.
Lookin good though mate ! :p

Nice work BillS :Y:. It's nice to pick up the little ones keeps me smiling :) we'd all like bigger but gold is what it is no matter the size.

Hi Folks,

Got out for a couple of hours this morning before the rain hit. Wanted to try a gully that a mate and I had never worked. It was nice to see the plan come together. My mate did really well with a couple of nice nuggets. I was happy to come back with one small piece. As RM Outback said, even the little bits keep you smiling.

Cheers for now

Les
1503801016_img_0272.jpg

Mackka said:
Hey Goldchaser1 , you found a blue lighter? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nice nugget mate, well done.
Mackka

:) got back to camp cuppla days ago and no blue lighter,so it is out there to be found funny enough,dont know if i rolled a smoke and left it on a log or sat it on the quad b4 we left......

Hi Folks,

Today's finds from the gully. Both bits are a little rougher than what we have been finding. Don't think these pieces have travelled all that far. (Which is exciting) The smaller piece was taken from an inside bend out of old, hard packed gravel.
1503901725_img_0290.jpg

1503901758_img_0292.jpg

The larger piece was directly below a three inch thick rock. Ran the detector over it and heard a definite signal. Moved the rock and a very clear inverted signal was obvious. Dug down to almost the height of the pick ( about 10 inches) and then hit bed rock. (Sorry about the poor photo. I wasn't "focussed" at this time)
1503901838_img_0289.jpg

Did a bit of scratching about and the piece popped out.
1503901989_img_0291.jpg

1503902120_img_0293.jpg

Wish the cool weather would stay a little longer. Every critter that crawls, sucks,hisses and bites will be out soon.

Cheers for now

Les

Decided to go to a spot I have detected many times near Castlemaine. I have absolutely hammered an area around five metres square with the SDC and someone else is thrashing it as well. They have flattened the top of the old diggings an raked it flat. Still it keeps producing.
After finding four little ones with the SDC I grabbed the 5000 and moved above to a surfaced area that is also pretty hammered. Picked up another two bits one was a sunbaker. Cleaned a third bit in my mouth and oops, swallowed it! Anyway happy with six pieces and the 7th well I guesse it will just have to be lost gold.
1504179059_img_0427.jpg

Latest posts