⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Mackka and RM Outback.

And yes RM Outback, my thoughts exactly. Although I was detecting in shallower ground there are always pockets that are too deep for the SDC.
Oh well.

hAyyoUinAU said:
Thanks Mackka and RM Outback.

And yes RM Outback, my thoughts exactly. Although I was detecting in shallower ground there are always pockets that are too deep for the SDC.
Oh well.

Well your the lucky one to have waved the SDC over that shallow ground :Y:. I'd still seriously consider a machine that'll punch deeper if I were you. Wether you buy or hire it's worth a look :Y:. Well done and I hope you find more.

Ha Ha

Too Funny paul_mac1. I wish.

And thanks Dig'n-it. I must agree. Crystalline and soooo golden. Reef gold.

Anyone here from Ipswich/Brisbane keen to go prospecting more local areas?

I am a single father of 3 kids in primary school but during school hours I hunt for gold.

Looking for a like minded detectorist/prospector.

Some people just don't have the durability or the passion.

I know RM Outback, I keep thinking the same thing.

Might see what it costs to hire out a 5000 for a couple of days. I don't think they loan out the 7000s where I am, as apparently they were not getting returned

Where can you hire an SDC mate? I don't think there is anyone renting out detectors on the GC.I have been panning so far but would love to try a detector of some kind.

4 hours with my SDC 2300. I think this is what they call a dream run.

2017 QLD GOLD.

I realised something though, the more gold your find, the more gold you want. Can never get enough.

thats some great gold hAyyoUinAU

what sort of depths were they pulled from with the SDC?

I will be selling my 2month old SDC 2300 with box and receipts in next few days.
$3000.00

comes with cover and extra skid plates. Works a treat. Have the gold to prove it. Upgrading to a ZED is all and no need for 2.

Hey Roddosnow, they varied depending on size, but a 14grammer was pulled from about 300mm. A couple were screamers that I suspect any detector should of picked them up, but others were a subtle dip in the threshold that held up after removing surface and got louder.

I swung a Makro Gold Racer over the same ground and it would pick up targets, however only after the SDC had located them first. And a lot were either ground noise or just hot rocks. The SDC wouldn't even snuff on them.

Makro is fun for coins and relics, but when it comes to doing the job and getting gold, I would say the SDC 2300 and the ZED get it done.

I don't need a SDC2300 and a ZED as the ZED does what the SDC does and beyond, besides being 100% water proof which is cool but not a necessity and portability.

Plus 10g is a lot of money...so I can use 3 grand back from the SDC towards the ZED expenses.

I am not rich at all, and this is a big investment, but one well worth it.

The ZED almost makes nuggets it is that good. lol

Hey Studog, A few of the Metal Detecting stores will loan SDC's and 4500s.
Usually around $75 a day and a $500 deposit on them.

Try Lost Treasures at Everton Park in Brisbane ask for Justin
Or MinersDen in Kingston Brisbane or ask for Corey

Top blokes and always willing to help out.

No worries hayyouinau.

Of course, I am just joking (sort of). I agree that you don't need an SDC and a Z. I had both and simply never used the SDC so sold it. But I did replace it with a gold monster and it's proving capable and a bit of fun.

Hope the Z does the job for you - it is an amazing bit of technology :Y:

hAyyoUinAU said:
I will be selling my 2month old SDC 2300 with box and receipts in next few days.
$3000.00

comes with cover and extra skid plates. Works a treat. Have the gold to prove it. Upgrading to a ZED is all and no need for 2.

Mate that machine was made on either a Tuesday or Wednesday gauging by your results. Do you really want to sell it :eek: 8.(. Might be worth finding a few more like the others :Y: and then buy the Zed, just a thought.

Did you say "sell gold"???

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

lol. Yeah good idea. I am still deciding, but until I do , I will keep swinging the SDC for sure.
Hopefully I will get to go out again on Thursday.

hAyyoUinAU said:
Did you say "sell gold"???

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

lol. Yeah good idea. I am still deciding, but until I do , I will keep swinging the SDC for sure.
Hopefully I will get to go out again on Thursday.

Sell the gold if you need to after all we're only keepers of the gold while we're alive. All I was saying is your SDC has produced the goods in a very respectable way :Y:. If I were you I'd hang on to it until you update and get your head around what ever the update is, the only update is the ZED so far.

Latest posts