⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone :cool: :Y: If only one gold was to be found I'm glad GF found it and not me, just help book my guaranteed return ticket :D :Y:
I'll be back :lol: :lol:
PhaseTech said:
B5MECH said:
:rolleyes: Not what I wanted my first real post here to be but......... :rolleyes:
Makro Racer 2 GOLD...0.36grams :eek: found by my GF :rolleyes: :eek: :lol: :lol: :Y:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/6829/1493170474_makrohillend_002.jpg

Very nice. The Racer 2 is only slightly behind the Gold Racer in sensitivity. I think it's because the all-metal mode is so good. Did she have the stock coil on?
Stock coil Nenad :cool: :Y: ...Bog stock and two smoking barrels :lol: :Y: It handled well, my local parks have the same mineralization but way more junk :eek:
Definitely remember this spot for a long time Bj ;) :Y: Will be the first spot I go back to for a look every time I go there :D

The GPZ amazes me every time I find these small ones - teeny tiny. The top one was actually quite loud.

Used the new B&Z booster for the first time - might have helped get these little tackers to break though.

1493361510_img_3143.jpg

1493361510_img_3144.jpg

Bjay, I actually got the Z and an SDC the same day about 12 months ago. Have tested both against each each on small gold patches and the Z wins on size and depth. I think the SDC is a great machine but honestly feel I am wasting my time when I could be swinging the Z and covering the deeper stuff as well.

The SDC is good for the river and a detector for friends/the kids so it will stay :Y:

To tell the truth when I get a z I'll still keep the sdc for the same sort of reasons. Mind you it'll find bits that I've gotta put a couple on the scales to get a weight. I love the fact it can give me some pieces to go home with but find it ergonomiclaly crap. Much rather the 5000 for extended use. How do you find the z on that front excluding weight

HH - I'm not sure how good you can zoom in on my profile pic but there is a tiny piece right in the middle that was got with the Z and all but about 4 of those pieces were found with the Z. It is amazing on small gold. Would much prefer to be finding bigger stuff but you can only find what's there and if I hadn't got those 2 this morning I would have come home empty handed.

Bjay - I don't find the weight of the Z too bad (only got the stock 14" coil though). I use the swing arm which helps a lot, I'm a fairly big fellow and I try and use the detector at least once a week. This might not sound important but if I don't fish for a month and then try to cast for cod/yella's for a few hours my shoulders/back ache. If I fish once a week it's not an issue. Using the right muscles frequently helps I reckon.

And digging bloody deep holes once a week probably keeps the shoulders ticking over too :rolleyes:

I don't use the harness mostly because of where I detect. It is scrubby, lots of old rock piles, etc and the detector is up, down, sideways all the time. If I was in more open country and wanting to do long hours of keeping the coil flat on flat ground then I would definitely use it. I also find I am putting the detector down every 15 minutes to dig anyway so not really getting time to get tired from it. I could see that the big flat spaces of WA would warrant the harness for sure.

Are you in Vic Bjay? I am meeting up with MadHatter near Bendigo in a few weeks and you are more than welcome to join us and have a bit of a play with the Z if you like?

Northeast said:
HH - I'm not sure how good you can zoom in on my profile pic but there is a tiny piece right in the middle that was got with the Z and all but about 4 of those pieces were found with the Z. It is amazing on small gold. Would much prefer to be finding bigger stuff but you can only find what's there and if I hadn't got those 2 this morning I would have come home empty handed.
1493414253_8209.jpg

Bjay - I don't find the weight of the Z too bad (only got the stock 14" coil though). I use the swing arm which helps a lot, I'm a fairly big fellow and I try and use the detector at least once a week. This might not sound important but if I don't fish for a month and then try to cast for cod/yella's for a few hours my shoulders/back ache. If I fish once a week it's not an issue. Using the right muscles frequently helps I reckon.

And digging bloody deep holes once a week probably keeps the shoulders ticking over too :rolleyes:

I don't use the harness mostly because of where I detect. It is scrubby, lots of old rock piles, etc and the detector is up, down, sideways all the time. If I was in more open country and wanting to do long hours of keeping the coil flat on flat ground then I would definitely use it. I also find I am putting the detector down every 15 minutes to dig anyway so not really getting time to get tired from it. I could see that the big flat spaces of WA would warrant the harness for sure.

Are you in Vic Bjay? I am meeting up with MadHatter near Bendigo in a few weeks and you are more than welcome to join us and have a bit of a play with the Z if you like?

Thank you for your very generous offer northeast. Im in vic but a few hrs away from the goldfields. I try to get a trip in at least once a month so might be able to take you up on it.

Hi Northeast,

I started with the SDC only 2 years ago and back then had roughly 60 trips of swinging and only 1 time came home empty handed. Its a dynamite machine on small stuff.
12 months ago I bought the Z and the bigger stuff started to appear, it definitely has more punch. Covered some of my old areas that I thought I thoroughly covered with the SDC and was pulling targets out from 12+ inches.

About 2 months ago had a trip with trip the missus, at nightfall the missus had a booming target with the SDC, I covered it with the Z and nearly blew my ears out.
thought it was junk and said so but might come back tomorrow morning. Too dark to dig and no torch or light with us.

After debating the next area in the morning we ended up going back to said target - she is tenacious!!! long story short - she ended up pulling out a beautiful flat 1.2g nugget at 6 inches then another 3 pieces no more than 18 inches away for total of 2.8 grams interspersed with rusty bits of metal.

I love the Z like you and will never dismiss the SDC

FYI - smallest bit found with the Z is less than 0.03g - doesn't register on the scales
Deepest DIG has been nearly 3 1/2 feet for an almost perfectly preserved flat head square nail.

Got the fever - sounds like we are having similar results :Y:

Bjay - it's locked in for the 13/14 of May - Mother's Day weekend. Myself, mad hatter and now jungles has joined the crew. You will be more than welcome ;)

Hey guys I wish i had been as lucky with the finds vs times out but we have been lucky to get colour 1 in 4 times both the sdc and the gpz are great and i like gpz best but for little gold sdc wins
cheers

I managed to get out for a full day last Sunday and found my smallest bit of gold to date and only about a inch deep.
1493713742_img_0569.jpg

I found these 2 in the same hole, about 10 inches deep.
1493713915_img_0474.jpg

Just a 2 day soak in hydrochloric acid and they came out pretty good.
1493714472_img_0570.jpg

The one on the bottom right and bottom left i found on ANZAC day before the game :) :mad:
Smiley face because i found gold and a angry face because the Pies got pumped haha

With finds like that who cares about the pies . I know golds not magnetic but you do seem to have some sort of ability to attract it :Y: ( most likely down to good old fashion hard work and bloody minded enthusiasm)thanks for sharing, love looking at others finds

Cheers Bjay, BigWave.
If I had to choose Bjay, finding gold or the Pies winning I would have to go with the gold but only just.
I thought it might of been Collingwood year but doesn't seem to be 8.(

Latest posts