⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1493119174_20170425_185732-1195x2124.jpg
sorry my weigh up didn't upload. But here it is. :Y: :Y:

well done great trip we heading to dunolly for a few days this week hope i can share such good fortune

Well done chewy,great to see you broke the grammer more than once. I bet you went home with a smile on your dial :D

Thanks mate. I was over the moon to get the half grammer, but then to get the grammer just after was a great buzz. Then my mate had to leave but came back just for the next night. But that was when I found the 2 and a half grammer. I couldn't believe it. Had no idea of the weight for about half an hour as I Sussed out the immediate area and got another little 1 close by then went back to camp to weigh it.

Very nice work Chewy! :Y:

Seems to be a decent milestone to break the gram+ mark these days. I still have that milestone to break also.

Nice work to all the others posting up the nug finds lately.

Keep up the great work all :D

Regards,
Shauno.

Thanks Shauno and Phil. Not really sure what happened Phil. I could say I was really tuned in to listening for clear repeatable signals, as there was a little bit of ground noise, we raked and moved branches to clear areas that might not have been detected, we used a speaker magnet in a plastic bag to pick up rogue bits of rusty tin cans of which there were plenty to. It might be that the junk put ppl off the spot. Maybe I'm getting to know the 5k a bit better now with some experience and confidence in being able to find helping. All this is true, but I honestly think it was that there was a patch of gold there to be found. Most of the target signals were clear and repeatable. Really obvious to me so it seemed. If you can get the coil over a bit it should let you know. That's how it seemed all week anyway. I'm running 17 gain and putting up with a little noise every so often but it's surprisingly quiet and stable. :)

Well done chewie,
We are heading to Vic on the 11th of may for 4 days, hopefully finding some yella.
Keep up the good work mate.

Paul

You still get a buzz digging gold out of the ground B5 no matter what size, well done mate :Y:

SC75 said:
You still get a buzz digging gold out of the ground B5 no matter what size, well done mate :Y:
Thanks SC :cool: :Y: it looked like a fugget and the roll eyed look on her face of here's another slugget as she passed it to me for a look..... to the scream she let out when when I passed it back saying gold :lol: :lol: :lol: SSSHHHH....I swear the whole state heard it :lol: :lol: :Y:

B5MECH said:
the scream she let out when when I passed it back saying gold :lol: :lol: :lol: SSSHHHH....I swear the whole state heard it :lol: :lol: :Y:

Ahhh! That's what that noise was here in SA? :D

Latest posts