⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally on the Nugget board for 2017 with this little slug found this morning at Jupiter Creek, South Australia. Nice solid signal (high/low) 4'' down in gravel wash and in an area heavily detected close to the New Phoenix Adit. Pictured below in Macro, weight not yet known - off to grab some scales now. A beautiful morning in the hills topped off with a couple of Koalas lazing about in the trees above. :D

1485318559_dscn0330.jpg

Excellent PhaseTech, doing SA proud! This B-Patch you talk about... explain more?? ;)

I was definitely happy to see some yellow at JC, heading back up in the next couple of days so hopefully more to come for the SDC. Happy Hunting. :D

Great to see the finds coming thick and fast for 2017. Looks like there could be a good amount in there bushpig.

Nice finds jay , love the specie looks like a gold filling in a tooth.also one on middle right looks like it could be a worn crystal.

Sorry Bushpig
Newbie question - is that ironstone or something else that the gold is in.

Well done on the find and breaking the dryspell.
Hope you get heaps more.

Hi Neil,

No need to apologise mate. It looks to be a quartz and ironstone mix. Will let you know the results once i give it a tap with a hammer.

Cheers

Great finds guys. Agree that it's good to see the gold finds coming thru thick and fast. Gives me hope I may break my dry spell soon. Thanks to everyone for posting. That speci is a beauty Bushpig. Let us know what you find when you give it a tap with a hammer.

I managed to get away for 6 days in the GT with young Matty last week. Started out in the Inglewood area and got a littley at our 1st spot.
1485351929_20170119_131252-1328x747.jpg
Thought we'd try our luck at another spot and blew a day there for nuffinks. Chuky boy came along with his boys and we decided to up stumps again and try somewhere better again. So after an executive meeting at the Dunolly bakery, we were off to our next location. Chuky did ok armed with his weapon of mass detection, which he uses like a Jedi for a guy who has only just started using it. We reckon my 5k wouldn't have picked up the size nuggets Chuky was pinging. So I tested the 5k on a white kinder surpise Chuky had found. There was bugga all in the way of a signal, it was there, that slight break in threshold. But only just, and if I heard it, it wouldn't pull me up. Nek day we got nomadic again, and wound up on some diggings and a surfacing. I eventually worked my way to the surfacing, with the feeling I was letting Chuky wan kenobi down with my nugget count. Time was slipping away from me and we had to make tracks for home soon. Then I heard that sweet mellow but definite signal. Man I was sick of EMI. Scratched another little 1 up before the final siren went. You bewdy. I wish there was more and bigger to show for my time there but ya take chance and ya get what ya get as we all know. On the upside I've consistently found gold every trip since my 1st find. Oh yeah 2nd nuggy. Right :D
1485353208_20170124_131053-747x1328.jpg

Cheers Tryhard. It was a great trip. You could have passed us sorry mate I didn't see you. We had a big week, and this will shock SteelPat but I was out of bed between 5.30 and 7 everyday. :eek:

Latest posts