⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Patrick1 said:
Bhatia, weren't we just talkin about big nuggies last nite?
Just so very happy for you!
Funny I was telling the Missus the same thing , be nice to get one over 2 grms . Next time I'm over I'll show ya where it came from. I think you'll be surprised.

Bjay said:
Patrick1 said:
Bhatia, weren't we just talkin about big nuggies last nite?
Just so very happy for you!
Funny I was telling the Missus the same thing , be nice to get one over 2 grms . Next time I'm over I'll show ya where it came from. I think you'll be surprised.
I just would Love to see the lay of the land. You can blind fold me. Bwaaaaahaaaaa

Bjay said:
LORD said:
Congrats Bjay, thats Karma for helping me out with the sadie coil :D
Nice work mate, well deserved.
Was that the sdc or 5000?
With the 5000 but sdc would have easily screamed on it . I reackon even an aldi would have got it . No skill involved just pure luck.
Bjay
No luck in the amount of time you put in detecting. A serious amount of time of boots on ground, which you do, deserves reward. Again congrats and well deserved. :)

What an act to follow. A great find Bjay. Below are my two finds for an afternoon and morning session weighing a massive 0.082grams and 0.062 grams.
1485089658_nuggets_0.082g_and_0.62grams.jpg

The only remarkable thing about these finds is possibly the detector being used, a Eureka Gold. Full story of finds is in the minelab section of the forum. Hopefully there is a 50 grammer out there waiting for me.

Cheers Bob.

Onya bjay. What a slug. Hope there's a few more there for ya.
Congrats to everyone else with their recent finds.
I went out for a swing on satday with a mate and we managed to get a few small bits each.
I also had a run in with a big brown snake that was 1m+. Keep your eyes pealed fellas

Well done Bjay! :eek:

That's gonna make you smile for a while. What an absolute ripper of a nugget and not a bad way to break into the ounce club! One we all dream of stumbling onto :D

Cheers,
Shauno.

+1 on the snake advice too Walshie. Seeing a few decent sized browns up this way lately.

Bjay said:
Well I couldn't wait so took to it with the tooth brush. No retirement nugget but I never thought I'd see the day I joined the ounce club. Never think its trash , I thought it was found only 6 inches down in the side of an old test hole. I'm sure others have gone over it before as there was recent diggings very close. Luck yea plenty of that. :D https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/5449/1485070579_image.jpg

Wow, can't believe I missed your post earlier Bjay, what a great find. Well done, one that size would keep me smiling for a whole year.

Thank you everyone for your kind words ,has been a very humbling experience. The best part was showing my old man who I would love to take out but isn't really up to it. I think he was even more stoked than me.
Walshie I've never seen a brown(only tigers and blacks around my area and plenty of them) just never seen a snake while swinging and hope to keep it that way.the instant reaction to the few shingle backs I've seen is excitement enough :)

Mods can we get a double like button going here.

Bjay you showing your father and commenting on his response is worth more than words can say.,brings a tear to my eye.

I wish my dad wad around to see my finds. He and his mates redirected the Rubicon river to pick up 14 ounces way back in the day, back in the day of timber rocker boxes and sluices. Carpet underlay (Felt) which was used to catch the fines (in both rocker box and sluice) and burnt in the pan over the fire while having a King Brown to reveal the fines.

Didn't mean to hijack your post, but that just took me down memory road.

Yeah the brown snake was quite impressive to watch as it cruised past not even knowing I was there seemingly. When I called out to my mate who is an x snake catcher to come and have a look I must have startled it and it turned around and started heading in my direction after passing me. Not aggressively i don't think, just sussing me out i spose. I didn't stay on the spot to find out, I ran back a few meters and he took off the other way.
They are an amazing thing to see in the wild however you don't wanna cop a fang off the bastards.
Once again, ripper nugget mate.
Someone get that man a beer!

Found this little beauty @ Inglewood a couple of weeks ago running the Z and the 14 coil. The nugget was completely encased in ironstone when I dug it out however the signal response was way to strong to be just ironstone, after a good soaking in HCL out came this beauty. SG gives me approx. 5.6grams of gold. I would have loved to run the 19 however the bush was that thick that the 14 was difficult enough.

Settings I was running:
Gold Type: High Yield
Ground Type: Difficult
Sensitivity: 9
Smoothing: Off
Threshold: 25
GB: Auto
Volume: 2
Volume Limit: 4

1485231400_56-optimized.jpg

Latest posts