⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers big wave. I've kinda stopped taking pics of the small stuff. Only really take pics of stuff over a gram these days.

Three and half years to wait to make my first post in this thread. Well I'm glad that I didn't have to wait that long to make another post. Here are the results of my last seven outings.
1483674062_nuggets_2_2017.jpg

The top two nuggets were found with an SDC 0.13 and 0.127 grams Nov 28/29th 2016.
The middle nugget "The Mitten of Hope" 0.118 grams was my first find back in June 2016 with the Eureka Gold. The last nugget was my very first find for 2017 with the Eureka Gold 0.144 grams. Imagine that! My very first target for 2017 was gold. The shot and small lead is what I have found in the last five outings all found with the Eureka Gold. Full story of finds in minelab section of this forum.

Lord
I can only hope that my 2017 finds look as good as your 2016. I wouldn't mind a display like Dam-it's either.

Cheers Bob.

Nice find GJ,...using a 4K and about to give my 16" another run as well....hope i begin to get those weights again myself...

And don't be too concerned, i have days without as well, regardless of what coil i'm using. If it's not there, or you don't walk over it, it's to be expected. All part of the hobby imo. Made better by finds like that though... :)

Cheers
Gypsy

Thanks Doug and Gypsy, there have been many days without for sure, even with my "new" old 16" NF. And Doug, I am yet to dig a horseshoe so you are one up on me. But I hope that next screamer you dig is a big fat nugget shaped like a horseshoe!!

Thanks guys, it made a really interesting sound. I don't run inverted but this coil gives a low-high signal and I like it. The 8 gram piece was low as I neared it then warbled all over the place, different sounds from different directions.

I think it has something to do with the shape of the gold and the machine running multiple frequencies with those sounds coming through at the same time, perhaps others could clarify this?

Nice piece GJ. I too have just purchased the old white NF 16,and looking.forward to seeing what it will do on the 5000, nearly as good as you I hope. I understand. They were a very good coil when they first came out, let's hope they are now. Interested to hear if anyone else using same has some success.

Latest posts