⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok another Quartz specie and some (small ) chunks :eek: No flour Gold in it silver . Oh I under stand " Flower Gold ;) ;) nudge nudge "
1483324731_maldon_specie.jpg
:D :D :D

silver said:
dam it said:
Donully Saturday arvo
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/6727/1483309175_31dec16dunolly.jpg
Caught up with Dig,n-it at inglewood Saturday evening :) was good he has so much Passion and patience for our Addiction (hobby) :cool:
Sunday I wanted to head to Maldon and recheck an area that that gave up a nice Specie in August .
But could not re find the very small area :( oh well .. So stopped at a random digging coil on ground about 5 minutes and
SDC moaned at a piece of Quartz the size of my fist :D :D no visible sighs of Gold but is was solid Quartz
After a bit of tapping it opened to show this :D
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/6727/1483309786_1jan17.maldon.jpg
on the way home stopped at Heathcote for a quick look at the burnt off area got a very little nuggy 0.022 gr :) not my smallest with the SDC
was about 30 -40mm down was only the slightest change in the threshold .
Was another Awesome weekend in the forest :D
Doesn't that mean that the yellowy quartz would be flour gold, n should be dollied up n panned off Dam it. :D

I have just moved to the Maldon area!

BigWave said:
Anyone know what's up with Walshie? He's a great gold hunter and used to post weekly - sometimes daily.
Maybe he's having a swingm like scrooge mc duck would. :eek:

Steve V2.0 said:
silver said:
dam it said:
Donully Saturday arvo
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/6727/1483309175_31dec16dunolly.jpg
Caught up with Dig,n-it at inglewood Saturday evening :) was good he has so much Passion and patience for our Addiction (hobby) :cool:
Sunday I wanted to head to Maldon and recheck an area that that gave up a nice Specie in August .
But could not re find the very small area :( oh well .. So stopped at a random digging coil on ground about 5 minutes and
SDC moaned at a piece of Quartz the size of my fist :D :D no visible sighs of Gold but is was solid Quartz
After a bit of tapping it opened to show this :D
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/6727/1483309786_1jan17.maldon.jpg
on the way home stopped at Heathcote for a quick look at the burnt off area got a very little nuggy 0.022 gr :) not my smallest with the SDC
was about 30 -40mm down was only the slightest change in the threshold .
Was another Awesome weekend in the forest :D
Doesn't that mean that the yellowy quartz would be flour gold, n should be dollied up n panned off Dam it. :D

I have just moved to the Maldon area!
Hey Old Mate :)
I will be back down that way tomorrow and camp over nite .Then heading back Donully way :D with the Dry blower to finish up a small area .

My complete haul for 2016 (my first year in this hobby)
54 nuggets
1483511677_20170104_162454-1494x2656.jpg

Bottom centre was my first find @ .17g ( the little chicken leg shape :p ) and come from Vic
The bottom right is my largest @ 1.58g and come from WA ;)
The bottoom left looks like Australia and is cool :cool:
And the top centre is my Nike tick. Or as its also known "the golden stiffy" :eek:
1483512318_20170104_164535-2124x1195.jpg

Goals for 2017, get an ounce in nuggs and my first gold nugg find in my home state (SA)
Enjoy :)
LORD

Very nice Lord for first year. I also achieved an ounce in my first year but unfortunately didn't get close this year , next one will be better I'm sure,Maybee,still gonna try though. I haven't put up a photo of my big nugget yet. Not sure if I should? Maybee I better find it first :)

Hey bigwave. I've been lurking in the background reading when I get a chance. I've been out a few times on the gold in the last couple of months but have been out on the motor bike quite a bit.
I managed to find gold on every outing in 2016 and found heaps of small stuff. Biggest bit was 5 grams and in a heap suprisingly.
Hopefully get out a bit more when it cools down.
Total for the year was roughly 1.3 ounces at a guess.
Some awesome finds of late fellas, love seeing the pics

Latest posts