⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are just in a tough game with a lot efforts on the part of you all.

Coming back to have look at Australia after quite a long time away, and finding nothing has changed.

The fever for gold is still present indeed.

This said it might be possible that I should return in Australia this very year, as the line underneath implies..

TURCAUD Street, and my visit of Telfer Mine this year

Wondering if you would be interested to know of that a letter recently sent to Newcrest and Newmont 's Boards whose title is above Unfortunately I will not publish it on this forum as it would be unfair to the site owner (s) since it counts 8 pages.
It was sent on the 14th of October, i.e. a few days ago and it is fair to say that the addressees have not had the time to collect themselves and reply. As well is a letter sent to WA Premier Colin Barnett that will remain private, regarding the Royal Inquiry demanded into that affair by the Hon.T. Evans, at the time Shadow Minister for Justice.
I note the dedication of many of you in looking for mineral deposits, and I feel it is important that when those efforts bear fruit, recognition both social & financial should be forthcoming. Indeed while the prospectors are putting all their resources in their research, oftentimes geologists & mining companies who are brought in to appraise the discoveries & develop it, grab all the merits for themselves through intricacies of arguments and legal points which individual prospectors have not the means to fight in court... and in the final the exhausted and blood drained inspired finder ends in the gutter, lining in his old life the benches of Kalgoorlie, Marble Bar & other places... waiting for death to deliver him.

Kind regards

Jean-Paul Turcaud
Australia Mining Pioneer
Discoverer & Legal Owner of Telfer Mine (Australia largest Copper & Gold Mine)
Nifty (Cu) & Kintyre (U, Th) Mines, all in the Great Sandy Desert
(as well as other undisclosed sites)
"snip"

~ Ignorance is the Cosmic Sin, the One Never Forgiven ~

Background info

THE GOLDEN RULE by Bob Sheppard

Saturday's results. Mosquitoes were the thickest I have ever seen. I was detecting around the trees and there were just clouds of them. Ended up wearing fly net, long sleeves and gloves just so I wasnt distracted by them. Even then they were biting through gloves.

1476652507_file_16-10-16_6_51_36_pm.jpg

Well done Steelpat.
Yeah, those mozzies are in plague proportions in the Vic GT. All the rain no doubt has brought them out. I've covered up the same as you including head net & gloves and also found them biting through the gloves. Some places I couldn't bear, particularly in narrow dark and wet gullies. One spot I found a 0.3g but just had to get out if there. Will go back when it's dryer.
Hope to catch up with you at the camp, even if you can only make it for a day or so.
BigWave and I are choosing the exact camp ground this weekend and will let you know. Cheers Andy

Follow up post from above after clean-up.

The photos of gold are taken in a small white bowl with water and a bright LED torch shining onto it at different angles until I get a good shot. I sit my phone on a tall cup above the bowl to keep it steady.

1924 Penny was found ages ago but I was looking for something different to show the scale.

39 pieces at around 3.5gms.

1476782060_capture_11.jpg

1476782060_capture_10.jpg

And the country they came from......

1476782060_capture_12.jpg

1476782060_capture_13.jpg

The 24 makes them look like they are huge n in a big old dish ,.... great photography RS !
8) :cool: :D

silver said:
The 24 makes them look like they are huge n in a big old dish ,.... great photography RS !

I see that. I wish it were a large metal gold pan that was made to look like a 1924 penny!!!

MoneyBox could fill a gold pan!!!!

Cheers

RS

Retirement Stone said:
silver said:

I see that. I wish it were a large metal gold pan that was made to look like a 1924 penny!!!

MoneyBox could fill a gold pan!!!!

Cheers

RS

Ha Ha, not quite true RS. We had to travel nearly 2000 km from home and we spent about 3 months collecting that lot. It's a lot harder to get onto good gold in a few days than it is to find it and then hang around until you fill the pan :)

That's a really nice haul...

I've been going back to a old hunting area where i first started out prospecting about 17 months ago. I know i missed a lot of ground just from being inexperienced so i thought maybe i still might find something :) Its a pretty flogged area but it only takes a few inches to miss a target.
1476849078_img_1931.jpg

A old unfilled detector hole.
1476849121_img_1913.jpg

Found this baby only meters away from that same hole.
1476849236_img_1915.jpg

1476849269_img_1928.jpg

1476849298_img_1925.jpg

Its my second biggest nugget i've found to date and never get put off from a flogged area especially if you see unfilled detector holes, you just never know.

SC75,
Don't ya just love it when you find something like that ....

In Flogged Ground.....

Good on ya.....

Cheers Nanjim
Jim

" The Heart of Australia " Nugget. :)
Very well done SC75, I bet you are going to grid
the day lights out of that area now.
Karma to the one who did not fill their hole in. LOL

Thanks fellas :)
Yeah it was a screamer, it doesn't look that deep but it was around 23,24 inches.
I had it in General, sens 15, thresold 30.
Not only did a modern day prospector just missed it so did the old timers.The gully was worked in the 1860s, most of it sluiced out but these areas were worked frantically by the early miners and a lot of gold was missed. I just hope they missed a lot more haha.

I like the sound of that Tathradj and yes mate if he filled in his hole he might of walked in the other direction and found it.

Latest posts