⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done everyone on the finds, been a while since I've been out so good to see some, keeps the juices flowing

Hi all,

Here's the totals for a couple weeks of what can only be described as muddy detecting on and off around the old Stuart Town common, A.K.A. the swamp.

1473834217_nuggets_copyshaun_galman2016.jpg

On the left we have my old man's totals on the SDC2300. He bagged the cracker of a Gold/Quartz speccie top left -which I was blown away by when he walked over and put it in my hand! On the days he pulled a little nug with the SDC and I couldn't with the Zed, he made sure to remind me several times. :lol:

All finds on the right are mine with the new GPZ7000. It was interesting learning to use it from scratch in extremely trying conditions, but I was very happy to come out with some nice little bits in the finish. 6.24gm in total not including the speccie.

Great to spend time out swinging with Reeks and Mbasko once again and looking forward to the next trip... when it's somewhat drier!
Kindest regards,
Shauno.

Thanks kindly chaps!

Hoping you're with us on the next one Heatho!

I should also have mentioned that it was only due to the great advice and help from members here that I managed to get the Zed sorted and running to suit conditions. Certainly a great community forum to be apart of. Saved me from turning it into an expensive tree ornament. Hahaha! :p

Cheers,
Shauno.

Lol, looked totally in focus to me. Through sweat,filled,fogged up glasses. Bloody hot. Humidity not full on yet, but building up. Drank 6 Lt of water and a bottle of Pepsi max, got back to my car, totally dry. And dehydrated, my mate was cramping up all over. Reckon I've got 2 to 5 more trips, and they will be day trips with half day detecting from now on. Unless you have been to Darwin at this time of the year, its difficult to explain how 34 deg is so different to 34 deg in the cool months, because it was 34 about a month ago too, never raised a sweat. I've worked at dampier in WA, when its 45, everyday for several days in a row, then flown home to Darwin where its only 34, and Darwin feels worse.

Yeah I know, and the fact that the difference between night and day is that its dark and 34 at night. It dosnt cool down.

Hi folks,

Went out to a local property to chase gold yesterday and all we found was fragments of exploded ordnance. Told the property owners and they were unaware that the army has used the place for training.
1474099333_20160917_162713-320x180.jpg
8)

Cheers

Doug

So got 3 littlies yesterday :)
1474185586_17sep16whroo.jpg

All with the SDC :) Dead set the Bloody MOZZIES were :eek: :eek: And I run out of Aero guard I now know that they like Rexona :/ I don't like em :mad: :mad: But they liked me :(
The plan for today was Heathcote BUT ........... Mother Nature says yer not today :| anyway there is always next weekend :D :D
Was still Awesome to get out Saturday ;)

Damit ....... Congrats on the 3 bits, but what's the go with the Zed? You seem to be using the SDC a lot. With the new Zed I'd have thought that is all you would use. Appreciate your thoughts on the two machines.
Cheers
Andy

Latest posts