⭐ Alluvial Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Turon Report.

On the 7th of July we went out to the Turon River to test for some areas.
I first panned an area on the right side of the bridge but had no gold so we packed up and went to where the bedrock bars are. I did a pan under a rock and had a couple of specs in it. So I took half a bucket full of material and ran it through the new sluice. I did a clean out and had a good size flake.

After that was all finished I packed up the pan and seive and walked up to this area that had bedrock everywhere.
1436396970_image.jpg

I decided to wait for the next trip to do a test pan here.

The sun was going down so I decided to walk back to the car and packed up everything except for the bucket and a couple of ziplock bags. And walked up to some crevices that I'd seen when coming into the camping ground. I got to the crevices and filled up the bucket and bags.

When I got home I panned the material for the following results.
1436397182_image.jpg

Looks like I'll be back for the other crevices :)

Good one! :)
I may be going, or already gone mad, but can anyone else see a tree on the left hand side of the pan underneath the lovely gold? Even a whole forest just above the waterline?
Regardless its purty!! :)
Nice work nucopia, that's a great photo and result.

Cheers,
Billy.

TheFossickingKid said:
Turon Report.

On the 7th of July we went out to the Turon River to test for some areas.
I first panned an area on the right side of the bridge but had no gold so we packed up and went to where the bedrock bars are. I did a pan under a rock and had a couple of specs in it. So I took half a bucket full of material and ran it through the new sluice. I did a clean out and had a good size flake.

After that was all finished I packed up the pan and seive and walked up to this area that had bedrock everywhere.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3346/1436396970_image.jpg
I decided to wait for the next trip to do a test pan here.

The sun was going down so I decided to walk back to the car and packed up everything except for the bucket and a couple of ziplock bags. And walked up to some crevices that I'd seen when coming into the camping ground. I got to the crevices and filled up the bucket and bags.

When I got home I panned the material for the following results.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3346/1436397182_image.jpg

Looks like I'll be back for the other crevices :)

Beautiful country.

I do really like this shot. Really makes me want to be out there. Looks so relaxing. Finding yellow would be a bonus.
1436396970_image.jpg

OzzyDigga said:
cleaned up 5 buckets of material from Ewingar near Drake NSW. https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3655/1436518182_20150709_133410.jpg

this was my first trip out to a known area, had the cons sitting around and decided to build a clean up sluice from cheap v matting from bunnings, a fishtank pump, and a 2ft plant box. :D

Nice work there OzzyDigga. Went to Ewingar a few months ago. Found a few specks. The black sand from there makes cleaning up a real challenge!!!

rockerfella said:
Hi all,
I posted this elsewhere on the site but thought I might add it here. This is from 3 bags of Diggertoms cons , see sponsors and for sale to buy. Got nearly 1.5 grams total. Great value and lots of fun for those cold winter days in the shed.
Cheers
Mark
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/741/1438033710_image.jpg

thanks for the share Mark great looking gold mate, unfortunately Diggertom is neither a site sponsor or has his cons in the for sale section, hes welcome to sponsor up anytime. Turbodirt is available by our sponsor turbopan

AHHHHHHHHH i want a pan that looks like that lol literally i have never found over 3 specs of gold in my pans around adelaide, and i mean even after panning out the sluce i still only had one or two grains and its even the same story for my mate :( we must be doing something wrong

PhatGeology said:
AHHHHHHHHH i want a pan that looks like that lol literally i have never found over 3 specs of gold in my pans around adelaide, and i mean even after panning out the sluce i still only had one or two grains and its even the same story for my mate :( we must be doing something wrong
Hi Phat,

SA is terrible for gold...at least in the SE of the state. Not sure how far for you but I have to hike 2.5hrs to Ararat to get to my nearest goldfield but the results are always better than 3 specks in the pan.

You should try and make the ballarat meet getting planned for September

Latest posts