What are YOU doing right NOW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watching the news with all the weather carnage in Victoria. Last night I thought the windows were just going to fly away. Never heard it that bad ever. Our only damage was a patio blind with a huge tear through it.

My son's girlfriend lives in Traralgon which is flooded. Lucky she lives on higher ground unlike some.

The gold mine at Walhalla with buildings at the front entrance to the mine washed away & deep soft mud everywhere.

Victoria sure seems cursed!

talking to my sister at traralgon last night fwdoz, she is all good up on high ground too, but the house next door had the front patio blown off it ,she does volunteer work for the walhalla mine and railway ,she said the rain has washed the road away in places too,
she is not too happy ,they only finished putting the pom poms and what have you up for this season and she has just started her guardsman course for the train and now they can't get there...... not happy jan

One thing you cannot argue with sand surfer is Mother Nature. She does what she wants, when she wants.

The clean up is going to take quite some time, depending on how much more rain is still to come this winter.

Now people have to hope their insurance coughs up

I thought I should check the car batt. terminals. Went under the house to the car and checked the oil-looked ok, sometimes hard to see as when its on LPG it really doesn't put any colour into the oil. The oil just loses viscosity.
Loosened the +ve terminal all looked good. Cleaned terminal with steel wool and reconnected.
Loosened the -ve terminal and underneath the terminal there was all this green-white corrosion--yuk. Cleaned it all off and cleaned the cable as well. Sprayed both terminals with WD40, checked fluid levels in the cells-all ok.
Radiator coolant ok 15 mins work all up as I dropped the dipstick as I was putting it back in and do think I could see it??????
Had to climb under the car and just spotted the yellow handle and couldn't see how it got to there??
Anyway all smiles now.
Lunchtime. :)

Jaros said:
I thought I should check the car batt. terminals. Went under the house to the car and checked the oil-looked ok, sometimes hard to see as when its on LPG it really doesn't put any colour into the oil. The oil just loses viscosity.
Loosened the +ve terminal all looked good. Cleaned terminal with steel wool and reconnected.
Loosened the -ve terminal and underneath the terminal there was all this green-white corrosion--yuk. Cleaned it all off and cleaned the cable as well. Sprayed both terminals with WD40, checked fluid levels in the cells-all ok.
Radiator coolant ok 15 mins work all up as I dropped the dipstick as I was putting it back in and do think I could see it??????
Had to climb under the car and just spotted the yellow handle and couldn't see how it got to there??
Anyway all smiles now.
Lunchtime. :)
Hey Jaros,
Crusty negative terminal usually means your car is undercharging.
Could be that you don't drive it much or something else.
Crusty positive terminal usually means its over charging. :Y:

Don't drive it that much. 128,000 in 17 yrs.
Got the 60 Solar panel on the roof rack via a MPPT controller but it spends all day under the house after ferrying the Mrs 4 klm to work-so approx 8k a day-not much.

1624030079_1b68623f-0d33-4b30-b191-43f5390a79c4.jpg

1624030080_f37f75cf-c74b-438d-932d-41f54eae2698.jpg

Going to cook some dim sims. Very late dinner. Drive way at work last Wednesday night. Didnt know it had come down until a customer said something. Had water blowing around door jam. Never seen that before. Thank god house is nowhere near creek. Shopping Center car park flooded again yesterday.

Just resting in Jibberding Nature Reserve. I left home in Cue at 2:45pm on an epic 4 day drive. I'm on my way south to go north so that I can return south and then drive north till I'm home :)

It's about 650km to Perth then I'll change vehicles. Tomorrow afternoon I set off for Broome 2250km up the track to drop the vehicle off. I'm trusting Virgin to get me back to Perth where I'll do the usual shopping and then head home to Cue, job done.... :zzz:

Latest posts