Turbopan information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AussieChris said:
They are ok, no holy grail but if you get the hang of the action it will work, and for Mudgee Hunter so will a hubcap or a dogs dish!

Hard in areas with bulk black sands.
I tend to pan down into another pan for the final cleanup, not a bad way to pan anyway. :goldpan:
I never gave it the frisbee tittle! :lol:
But keen to mess with one fitted to an auto stratification table.

Somehow I managed to get the Turbopan as my first gold pan when starting out... I did learn how to use it and it does work, can be useful if you don't have a classifier (though as mentioned doesn't like clay) -- but at the end of the day nothing beats a good old Garrett Super Sluice pan IMO. Can process WAY more material and quicker once you know what you're doing. I use the blue Minelab classifier with mine -- perfect combo! :perfect:

Marketing......the shape of the pan really doesn't matter....once you understand the basic physics behind it you can pan in a shovel (yes, I have).
What is important is the type of plastic and the job you want the dish for....for production recovery get the cheapest thing on the market...or raid your mums tupperware cupboard. For speed in competitions..you will wind up making your own.....for sampling work you need smooth plastic that does not trap small gold.

Remember, plenty of people out there trying to make money of your interest in prospecting.

Like all clays if you want to use the turbo just put the material in a bucket and keep puddling it up changing out the water as you go until its pan-able.

The turbo is just a niche tool, its good for its purpose, but nearly everyone goes back to a traditional style in the end.

The regular size is pretty large too, if water is light on putting it in an oversized bucket isnt much fun, but I think maybe they produce a smaller one too?

Latest posts