SDC2300 aftermarket coil information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once released, I am sure there will be a few with 3d printers and or handy with tools that will allow one to mod/make an end piece to run the cable up the shaft.

The only issue may be that the size of the new connector does not allow it to be maneuvered through the top rotating joint.

Long story short, if you do not need to fold and put in a small backpack = no big deal.

Even if you could run the coil up the shaft, you would still need to disconnect the coil to fold up; unless the end piece could be easily removed and rotated 90 and then re inserted.

RM Outback said:
I'm aware that nugget finder has been working on a new coil, I'll make some enquiries and see what I can find out.

Given what we now know about Coiltek's upcoming releases, I'm wondering if anybody has heard whether NuggetFinder are still intending to produce alternative SDC coils too?

grubstake said:
RM Outback said:
I'm aware that nugget finder has been working on a new coil, I'll make some enquiries and see what I can find out.

Given what we now know about Coiltek's upcoming releases, I'm wondering if anybody has heard whether NuggetFinder are still intending to produce alternative SDC coils too?

Am sure they are watching and waiting...

how much one coile may be better than the other ???

But Waterproof and OR cable up the shaft would be key points as to what the consumers might be wanting that could impact on sales. There will always be those that stick to a BRAND, but functionality and performance all play a role.

Another reason the cable is on the outside is if you wanted to swap between different size coils you would have to spend 20 minutes feeding a cable up the shaft and also the standard coil cable is a pig tail coiled one and has a special plastic thread hat locks it in at theendso its not pulling on where is joins to the coil, so a simple easy change over solution is to wind it up the shaft like they have always done.

Thanks for that mbasko, what I haven't seen yet is if they can still be folded up to a degree, they won't go into original bag but maybe a backpack, interesting to find out.

You may possibly be able to have enough slack in the coil lead to allow the shaft to retract & coil lead to bunch down near the coil & carefully fold up to a degree - would need to check out. Should be ok?
I can loosen the cable on the GPX to shorten the lower shaft right up to put it in a bag without removing the coil/coil lead.
If not I'd say you'd have to remove the plate & undo the coil lead to allow the shaft to be retracted & fold up to fit.

Great news :D Couple of questions, what will go deeper- the 14x9 or the 11" round? Also, what I really need is an anti-interference coil for the SDC. Is this even possible? Would my Coiltek 14" anti-interference coil from the GPX 5000 work on the SDC with the new shaft mods?

Trust me. After taking the two screws out at the end of the shaft.... Many will not pull out with ease.

I had to use a bit of spray lubricant and a gentle thump or 3.

I have 11 and 9x14 and have a week at Easter in some interesting country.

Also have a special shaft attachment that will allow the standard coil to be swapped on the fly about 1min to do a change over.

So we are hoping to do actual compares on signals as found and as we dig.

The biggest change will be that the 11 will get ground area that the standard does not. So many forget that the field is con centric and thus even when moving forward slowly, and more than 4 in at a time you are missing targets.

And that the field is not exact or perfect and the edge of that field moves with ground conditions.

I see so many swinging and they would be missing 75% of the ground.

So as standard process over a target. We will swing and moved 3in at a time for 4 to 5 ttimes with the standard while the 11 will be 4in and swung 2 to 3 times.

My gut says same same for depth BUT the 11 will be better ground coverage for sloppy users or those than can not go slow.

Nightjar said:
Interested in the 1 minute change over.

Remove existing Coiltek coil from shaft (one coil bolt and nut) and connect attachment/SDC2300 coil with same coil bolt and nut, and a quick wrap of the coil up the shaft and velcro strap at the top.

Remove Coiltek connector and connect SDC2300 connector.

Your choice or not to use the Coiltek Cover on the SDC2300. 2 screws could add another minute to remove and replace.

Done.

This is more for the testing phase rather than a long term solution, as the prototype is a proof of concept.

Hi All

Meet a fellow prospector in the GT testing the SDC with the 11 inch coiltek coil and his standard SDC.

He mentioned on some of his smallest nugget tests the 11 inch did not pick up the nuggets where the standard SDC did.

He said the 11 inch coil lost sensitivity compared with the standard coil.

Hope these comment may be helpful.

Regards Anthony.

Latest posts