Mitchells Creek, Sunny Corner NSW information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
can someone help me out with directions to mitchells creek. I know u turn onto sunny corner road at Yetholme but I have no Idea from there.
is it sign posted

Follow Sunny Corner Rd in until you get to Scotts Creek Rd. Turn left onto Scotts Creek Rd & follow until you get to Mitchells Creek Rd again on your left. Follow it around.
Might be a good idea to get a topo of the Bathurst area?

1451816550_14518164946670.jpg

Topographic map - detailed topography with contour lines indicating levels of ground and usually detailed with tracks and creeks and buildings.

Try the forestry website

Hi all

Just curious if any one has had a dig/play out Mitchel's creek way over the Christmas new years break?

Hows it looking is there some water movement post the rain that was had.

Regards

Scott

Was out there yesterday see my post, not much in the way of flow even after all the rain i have a little 300mm long by 100mm wide sluice which I managed to run for sampling no problems but you would be struggling to run anything bigger in most places

Thanks Ramjet and Yellowfever, I did see your post was good to see you found some yellow.
Sucks about the trash though, seems to be a common theme every where I go either Prospecting, beach hunting or parks always bringing back crap for the bins.

the bits in your pan look like a good size, last time I was out that way ( winter ) i found some course bits but not picker size.

Hoping to make a trip out again soon, didn't make it on the weekend.. (have a gold rat mini 6" and one of their pocket sluices now-"they look like a toy but work not bad for clean up at least.")

Planning to hit Oallen ford this Friday ( parents wanted to get out again this is closest to them from what I can see)

Thanks for sharing

Were there still trees down on the tracks into Mitchells? (Big storm, nothing sinister this time)

I hate seeing all the fresh rubbish along that creek, I remember going out there a while back and pulling a porta potty that was chocka full out of the creek :poop:

Same day heaps of broken VB stubbies all smashed along the same section the pooper was in.

Took me ages to clean up what I could, including the potty.

I dunno what it is with turd terrorism but last time I was there someone had :poop: on a flat rock in the middle of the creek, discarded toilet paper all around and as a "joke" they made a smiley face :D out of quartz on the :poop: with twigs as arms.

I have a fair idea who some of the degenerates are, I hiked in one morning from the main road and noticed a 4wd stop in a few spots as I came up over a rise, he was tossing homemade caltrops on the dirt road in.

Nice gold in that other thread btw!

Yeah mate still a few trees down that forestry havent cleaned up yet. But all of which you can drive around with ease.. just beware though to anyone else reading this post that if you are walking through the pines to be very aware that there is plenty of "deadfall" AKA widow makers (trees that have fallen and are caught up in those still standing) out there as well.. it was only a couple of months ago I was out there panning heard the crack and before I had time to move a tree landed no further than 15feet from where i was across the creek these things can give way at anytime so just be mindful i will start a seperate post regarding this just reminding people to be aware of whats around them... shame to hear you came across a shitty situation out there :lol: I find usually holiday periods are worse for that kind of thing. I've came across excrement a few times and have covered it up so others dont have to deal with it...

Hehe, that pine forest certainly creaks and groans. I have spent some late afternoons out there thinking, well there is enough light for one more pan or one more bucket. Only to find myself looking over my shoulder at every ominous noise. :skull:

Ahh hehe yeah :poop: happens. Pretty grubby. I think they are marking their ground.

The majority of the rivers in Sunny Corner are back to their original flow levels, but in some places it looks like there's been in excess of 1m walls of water coming through cleaning out the creeks.

Latest posts