Guess what this is.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
However we choose to describe them, they essentially look like crap to me and I don't think I'd touch them with a barge pole. If such treatment is not disclosed then it is fraud - a quality ruby or sapphire should basically last forever, the video shows that these things could deteriorate from exposure to some ordinary household products.

Heatho said:
Lefty said:
aussiefarmer said:
Still looks like a fig filled detonated possum to me, but anyway very interesting :Y:

And about as high quality as a fig-detonated possum as well, especially given that ordinary household substances can etch the glass.

Well if you had a ring on with a glass filled treated stone your not going to go sticking your hand in sodium hydroxide or any other type of chemical that will etch a glass. Well I hope not anyway. :D Quartz gems would etch similarly.

I like the muffled gasps in the gemological teachers video when takling about the treatment...... :lol:

I'll have to watch it again but didn't he say that even weak acids like vinegar could affect it?

Latest posts