Smokey's Equinox 800 Finds.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Goldpick said:
Smoky bandit said:
Goldpick said:
Plenty of silver on that beach, great result! Were you working a cut or were they just normal beach finds? :Y:
Hi mate
Yes that part of the beach got smashed due to some strong winds and some big swells it was a foot or more off the area I've only been there 3 or 4 times and ive never seen the sand that stripped :Y: I got really excited when I first seen it :Y:

Thanks for that, got to hit those areas after storm pronto before others clean out such areas. Might do the same down here with the recent weather, haven't done beach detect for ages. Problem is the 200km round trip to do so. :D
Hi GP that's a big round trip mate.
Beach is so hit or miss in my area .This is more like a little cove and the concentration of coins is only a small area. All those coins came from a 10mtr x 10mtr patch that's full of square copper nails it still took me about 4hrs to work that small area but I felt confident I didn't leave to much on the day..But theres a lot more down deeper just need more sand to strip away :Y:

Goldpick said:
Smoky bandit said:
Goldpick said:
Plenty of silver on that beach, great result! Were you working a cut or were they just normal beach finds? :Y:
Hi mate
Yes that part of the beach got smashed due to some strong winds and some big swells it was a foot or more off the area I've only been there 3 or 4 times and ive never seen the sand that stripped :Y: I got really excited when I first seen it :Y:

Thanks for that, got to hit those areas after storm pronto before others clean out such areas. Might do the same down here with the recent weather, haven't done beach detect for ages. Problem is the 200km round trip to do so. :D

I feel that pain ....
Ive always got an eye on the weather, and get excited when i know the big seas ( directional ;) ) are ripping the sand from hot spots i know so well.
But its so bloody far :( (far enough anyway ,for the time available)

Florin turned out ok compared to what it was like.
From this.
1526178457_img_20180513_48129.jpg
To this.Just a few hours in salt and vinegar to break up the crust.Then 24hrs in the LJ :Y:
1526178555_img_20180513_41675.jpg

And I must say I do love the grey colour that some of these sea silvers get :Y:
1526180823_img_20180513_18457.jpg

Heatho said:
Killer hunt Smoky, well done mate, great haul. :Y:
Thanks Heatho
It was a sper of the moment type hunt..... no real thought..I got to a intersection and thought ...left or right.....Glad I turned left :Y:

Hi All
Thought I'd go over that little beach I did last weekend to see what else popped out through the week.Think I will need to wait till we get a big storm before heading back...But I still had fun even though there wasn't many finds...The more I use the Nox and fine tune it to my liking the more it surprises me...Got this thrippy on the third scoop ...easy 10inches with a clear solid tone Y: Not sure what the pennies are yet I think ones a roo though.
1526772222_img_20180520_19905.jpg
1526772350_img_20180520_35567.jpg
1526772369_img_20180520_3012.jpg

Latest posts