Easter Trips & Travelling

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bendigo for the 24th Street Rod Nationals, then looking like Avoca for some bush telly, tales and hunting color...

Scubasteve said:
Hi chaps

Whos going where for Easter break prospecting?

I was thinking of traveling north to mount Magnet area.

Cheers

Steve :D

I'd like to head that way as well but we're not likely to leave home yet. The plan was to head off right after Easter but it looks like we'll be at least a couple of weeks late leaving.

I'm heading over from nz to the triangle with my parents, would be good to meet some one who actually has an idea of what they are doing! Haha.

Aidan,
There's plenty from PA who'll be in the GT this weekend. I'm tied up with others till Sunday, but if you have no other offers and are keen for sometime on Sunday, let me know which town, and we could possibly catch up. Never sure whether I know what I'm doing, but it's been fun doing it for 5+ years and rarely get lost :lol:

Took me a while to figure out "PA" & "GT" Haha.

We will be in Castle Maine on Saturday, Sunday then across to bendigo for Monday, Tuesday.

Tuesday we have organised a guided tour in the hope that if we don't find anything at all then hopefully our tour guide can plant a little bit of gold where we are swinging to make the dedicated trip for gold worth it!

Well that makes it 5 more years than I've been doing it, so in my eyes your a professional! ;)

ill be in castlemaine on sat and sun will be catching with a fellow prospector on sat then sun if ur around we could meet up aidanhyde
im still young to the hobby so still got alot to learn

Sorry im still getting the hang of this forum so please excuse my disorganised replys haha.

Bigwave, no worries mate, maybe on my next trip!

Mardymoose, unfortunately we are heading across from Melbourne on Saturday morning, I'd imagine we won't be ready to head for a hunt until midday or maybe even later.

Hyperdaryl18, if you are still out and about on Saturday afternoon maybe we could meet then, or if you are planning on heading out on Sunday it would be fantastic to meet up.
My mother and I were over during the xmas break with family and we got out for a couple hours around Jupiter's creek just out of adelade, all I found that was worth noting was an old musket ball.
Our gold detecting knowledge is minimal, (even though I like to think i know it all after a few hours reading everything online that i can get my hands on) we are normally park/beach hunters!

We are both very excited! :cool:

Hey guys, I'm thinking of heading out to chapel hill diggings or surrounding areas over the long weekend. Either Friday, Sunday or Monday. If anyone is keen to come along let me know :Y:

Aidanhyde .................... I'll probably be in the Maine (Castlemaine that is not Carslemaine as many call it :D ) some time over Easter but only problem is I'll be mowing my mums lawns :( and the only nuggets I find will probably be from the dog sadly. Hope to get up to Bendigo to the Rod Nationals if I get time. Bit of a shame as growing up in the Maine have a lot of mates that own good land that hasn't been picked over ...................... well not with detectors at least ;) But enjoy your time as the Maine and Bendigo area have plenty of good spots and as they say the thrills in the hunt the gold is just the icing on the cake .................. and nice icing it is :Y: Bendigo will be chockers I should imagine with the Rod Nationals being on :Y:
ps Don't want you getting lost ...................... you go UP to Bendigo from Melbourne across will see you in Adelaide :D :D :D

ps to ps ..................... are you bringing detectors on plane with you ? I ask as did a flight recently with one and they the airline literally broke my nuggets over it :mad: Admittedly I did want to take it as carry on luggage but they hit me with everything from oversize to battery capacity. Let us know how you go :Y:

I'm not going anywhere mate. 25km long traffic jams to leave Sydney, then 35km traffic jams to return to Sydney, I'm staying home, going for a swing at the park a bit later. All my neighbours have gone away, the peace and quiet is lovelly. :)

Are you heading away?

Latest posts