Easter Trips & Travelling

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Easter is just around the corner so wondering where everyone's thinking of heading.
I'm thinking of heading down the fossickers way down to Uralla for a bit of gold and gemstone (Sapphires) hunting.
Want to hit some areas I checked a year or so ago and have done some research on and spend a couple of days at each spot .
The misso has time off and my business is "has computer and internet , have travel" sp plan is leave Easter Sunday and go away for a week, well that's the plan so far.

That sounds like a great way to spend the Easter break...looking forward to seeing a huge bucket full of gold and sapphires when you get back. If it's cool enough I'll probably have a swing of the detector up in the Bathurst region and see what comes to light. Got a bank of ancient wash in the Tuena area that needs to somehow find its way into my Hi-banker as well ....so probably have to toss a coin at this stage....Cheers Wal. :)

Will be at the Gemboree in Murray Bridge SA. There are a couple of days where field trips will be on- I understand there will ba a site for those who like to swing a detector as well as some where for the mineral collectors.
Looking forward to "collect" at the tail gating area. Hope to see you all there there.

The Bathursty region looks pretty inviting and not a great amount of traffic from the big smoke...but then again so does the Tuena..ish area...and maybe the Trunkey..ish area....damn...there's a lot of .."ishes" to choose from. :eek: might need a game of two up to make some eliminations...Cheers Wal. :)

WalnLiz said:
The Bathursty region looks pretty inviting and not a great amount of traffic from the big smoke...but then again so does the Tuena..ish area...and maybe the Trunkey..ish area....damn...there's a lot of .."ishes" to choose from. :eek: might need a game of two up to make some eliminations...Cheers Wal. :)

I know what you meen mate
I'm always confused on we're I'm gunna go
Ie wattle flat , tuena ,trunky,sofala, palmers Oakey , hill end , Stuart town , burrundong,wynder,avisfird, Hargreaves , Ophir , sunny corner, and so many more all within an hr from me give or take a few minutes
I'm up for a game of two up lol :D

Might have to meet up half way Lbg and chuck some coins together....good to have so many choices though...Cheers Wal. :)

Hi, Were I'm at the moment it is sunny (Gayndah) but very wet (boggy), let's hope this low up north heads back out to sea. Having both cabin fever and gold fever at the same time is not good. :) ,mick

im thinking bout where to go too....

tuena or ophir for me... either is an hour away....

hmmm

Hi pfish...by the sounds of things if we all go to Tuena we mightn't find a parking spot :eek: ...be nothing worse than the council erecting a set of traffic lights near the entry to the campground. :) good luck and may your decision be a golden one.Cheers Wal. :)

Hi All,
Heading down to my Fave' spot on the Mongarlowe after work on Thursday. I have the following week off so I think I'll stay until Tuesday or Wednesday.
This time I'm taking the kayak as well so I can have a look further afield, sample some bars and do a bit of crevicing upstream.
I'm also going to hit an area where the water slows during a flood and drops all the heavies. This place has lots of watermelon and bigger sized cobbles and is about the size of a basket ball court and about knee deep(or it was last time I was there) and last time I was there sampling I got some nice pieces and quite a bit of flower gold.
It will make a nice change to dry crevicing.
Of course this all depends on the river level and at the moment they are predicting rain over Fri,Sat,Sun. Maybe I need a plan "B".
I'm taking the "stealthbanker" as well so I can go back to Highbanking material from the dry crevices I suppose.
Wish me Luck!

Take a pair of goggles and a snorkel with you mate and if the river is low enough check out some of the mid stream bars. ;) ....oh...and best of luck.

Snorkeing gear is already packed Wal.
As you most probably know the water never gets warm down there so you can't stay in for long.
I think I need a new 7 mm with a hood, my old dive suit wouldn't fit me nowadays unfortunately.

Latest posts