Today I COOKED.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A first for me , have been avoiding cutting my feet open for years and decided to google search recipes. Interesting feed, similar to abalone or calimari.

Will have another go but will Finley slice like abalone next time.

Anyone have some secret recipes?

1483088161_img_0694.jpg

I'd use tartare rather than Ceiling White Wally ! 8) :eek: :lol:
not much meat for such a big shell aye, but looks like something new to fry try. :p

Happy New Year Folks,
Decided to go Asian for New Years Eve Dinner, Crispy Sticky Mongolian Beef and steamed Basmatti Rice and good it was too, a nice bottle of Barrosa Shiraz 2013 to go with it and we are off to a good start for the evening. Desert was home cooked plum pudding, the better half has some thirty plus years making them, yummm!!!! Coffee and another high light, the Courvoisier, Le Cognac de Napoleon a magic drop.
Now somewhere through all of this the better half mentioned something about passion and being tied-up;Well the mind went into over-drive, this could be a New Years Eve with a difference; as the night progressed and the Champus flowed I sort some clarification as to what she was planning re passion and being tied-up, there was quite a long pause;the response was pretty sharp "Make a New Years Resolution to go and get hearing aids, the passion fruit vines need tying-up"
Well the thought was good while it lasted, maybe better luck next year, now get the mind back to prospecting and the thrill of the hunt.
Have a great New Year one and all, SinHof.
1483176682_20161231_184227.jpg

Wally69 said:
A first for me , have been avoiding cutting my feet open for years and decided to google search recipes. Interesting feed, similar to abalone or calimari.

Will have another go but will Finley slice like abalone next time.

Anyone have some secret recipes?

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1916/1483088161_img_0694.jpg
Slide neatly onto 4-8 long shank hook 50cm to swivel, no.2 sinker and go catch some whiting, they love shell fish :lol: :lol: :lol:
You'll starve on them buggers :p

SinHof said:
Happy New Year Folks,
Decided to go Asian for New Years Eve Dinner, Crispy Sticky Mongolian Beef and steamed Basmatti Rice and good it was too, a nice bottle of Barrosa Shiraz 2013 to go with it and we are off to a good start for the evening. Desert was home cooked plum pudding, the better half has some thirty plus years making them, yummm!!!! Coffee and another high light, the Courvoisier, Le Cognac de Napoleon a magic drop.
Now somewhere through all of this the better half mentioned something about passion and being tied-up;Well the mind went into over-drive, this could be a New Years Eve with a difference; as the night progressed and the Champus flowed I sort some clarification as to what she was planning re passion and being tied-up, there was quite a long pause;the response was pretty sharp "Make a New Years Resolution to go and get hearing aids, the passion fruit vines need tying-up"
Well the thought was good while it lasted, maybe better luck next year, now get the mind back to prospecting and the thrill of the hunt.
Have a great New Year one and all, SinHof.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/972/1483176682_20161231_184227.jpg
Wow,Sinhof that looks delicious any chance of a recipe?

Hi Eldorado,
Thanks for the comment, I've been inspired some what of late by Dr Duck's posts here on Asian cooking so have been doing a bit of home cooking rather than heading up to the local Chinese restaurant. The link below will give you the how-to on preparing the Crispy Sticky Mongolian Beef and it's quite easy to prepare.
Cheers, SinHof.
http://www.recipetineats.com/crispy-sticky-mongolian-beef/

My pleasure; there are a couple of variations that could be interesting, a little bit more involved but not too difficult will post some images when we try them.
Cheers, SinHof.

SinHof said:
My pleasure; there are a couple of variations that could be interesting, a little bit more involved but not too difficult will post some images when we try them.
Cheers, SinHof.

Im sure there is a witty comment that could be added right here :D
:lol:

Well it seems that this thread has "gone off the boil" :D gone a little cold :D stale even :D

So I thought I would fire it up again :D

Ha ha enough of that here's the chook cook.

Brined a smallish free range bird for around 6 hours and then washed and let air dry overnight in the fridge.

Did up some veges and followed Jamie Olivers recipe for roast spuds (they are awesome ;) )

Fired up the egg and got it sitting at 180 deg.

Chook and veges on:

1486182966_bird_1.jpg

Looking and smelling fantastic by this stage so time to make some gravy out of the vege and bird drippings:

1486182966_bird_2.jpg

Served up and oh my what a feast!!!! :p

1486182967_bird_3.jpg

Only the 3rd roast chook I have ever cooked and mighty pleased with both it and the veges. Did I mention the spuds were amazing? Thanks Mr Oliver :cool:

Anyway I hope this inspires others to put up some posts of any cooks done in the festive season. Dr Duck I'm looking at you :lol:

Cheers,

Billy.

Oh where hav you bin Billy Boy, Billy Boy oh where have you bin charming Billy etc.
Mate that is one impressive looking dinner.
Just a question, what is the little orange chooky thing?
Well done
Mackka
PS
Love the corn, lots of butter and a little salt and pepper

Mate my mouth is sooooooo watering looking at that

Billy said:
Well it seems that this thread has "gone off the boil" :D gone a little cold :D stale even :D

So I thought I would fire it up again :D

Ha ha enough of that here's the chook cook.

Brined a smallish free range bird for around 6 hours and then washed and let air dry overnight in the fridge.

Did up some veges and followed Jamie Olivers recipe for roast spuds (they are awesome ;) )

Fired up the egg and got it sitting at 180 deg.

Chook and veges on:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1111/1486182966_bird_1.jpg

Looking and smelling fantastic by this stage so time to make some gravy out of the vege and bird drippings:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1111/1486182966_bird_2.jpg

Served up and oh my what a feast!!!! :p

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1111/1486182967_bird_3.jpg

Only the 3rd roast chook I have ever cooked and mighty pleased with both it and the veges. Did I mention the spuds were amazing? Thanks Mr Oliver :cool:

Anyway I hope this inspires others to put up some posts of any cooks done in the festive season. Dr Duck I'm looking at you :lol:

Cheers,

Billy.

The good wife spotted an old home made pizza oven on Gumtree a couple of weeks ago for $70 so we jumped on it immediately, the bloke was also selling a big rotisserie spit so we grabbed that as well. We fired up the pizza oven yesterday for dinner and just finished a ham, bacon, cheese & egg pizza for brunch today, awesome old oven. We haven't tried out the spit yet bit it won't be far away, it all packs up into the fire trough so it will be great for group camping trips.
I didn't have a pizza paddle thingy so used my imagination and pretty happy with the result ;)

1486859379_dsc09028.jpg

1486859975_dsc09065.jpg

1486859379_dsc09049.jpg

1486859439_dsc09071.jpg

1486859439_dsc09072.jpg

1486859439_dsc09075.jpg

A couple of things I've cooked recently. The first was from a 20 second video I saw on Fakebook. Bacon Jalapeno dip, similar flavours to the Jalapeno poppers and I have made it a couple of times.
Next pic is a red curry chicken and the last one was some chicken stew we had left over so I wrapped it in some pastry.

1487147645_dip.jpg

1487147645_curry.jpg

1487147646_pie.jpg

Hi Folks.
Decided to prepare and cook dinner before a night detect, Crispy Chilli Beef ;yum, served with steamed Cardamon Basmati rice and a bottle of red and yes, I walked to where I planed to go detecting.
Cheers, SinHof.
1487155422_20170215_182629.jpg

Latest posts