Today I COOKED.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Minelab Gold said:
silver said:
Couple of bottles of each that didn't seal properly went to two of the neighbors already, with many thanks of approval. :D

If only I was your neighbor :)
Yeah, you'd be eating Chutney n Relish and I'd be learning how to find gold first hand (ha). :lol:

A few things I've cooked lately.

First one is a dry aged scotch fillet with a red wine reduction sauce and onion rings. Sorry the pic is a bit blurry, the lens on the phone fogged up. You can't see in the pic, but the steak is 2 1/2 inches thick, and pretty rare.

1481800986_steak.jpg

Tonight I made a couple of my favorite Chinese recipes.

King prawns with scrambled egg. This is a great home style dish that you can usually get in restaurants, but it is not generally on the menu.

The other dish is fish flavored eggplant. It has no fish in it, but the name refers to the seasoning used in Szechuan. It is broad bean chilli paste, szechuan pepper, garlic, black vinegar and sugar (stevia for the diabetics).

Not too bad!

1481801189_chinese.jpg

It's amazing to many but i eat very little fish except for crumbed or battered cod. We were never brought up on seafood just basic food you would find in the foothills of the Carpathian Mountains of the Ukraine. Very simple food. :p

Jaros said:
It's amazing to many but i eat very little fish except for crumbed or battered cod. We were never brought up on seafood just basic food you would find in the foothills of the Carpathian Mountains of the Ukraine. Very simple food. :p
No photo, it didn't happen. :lol:

Crackling was divied out after most of the meal was eaten Dr(ha) :lol:
gunna have to put eggs n tomatoes with my ham tommorow morning now. :p

Yep Headsup, I make the ham glaze out of quince paste and Cointreau (or Grand Marnier) with a little orange juice and red currant jelly. It is OK.

One of the best ice creams I invented is a Cointreau and cardamon flavor. That's damn good, although I can't eat it myself any more. The girls request it, though.

Just me and Jannine home tonight, so I slow roasted (5 hours at 120C) some pork belly, and finished it under the grill for the crunchiest crackling.

Made some beans in the pan drippings with some white wine and heavily reduced chicken stock. Some silver beet on the side.

Sad thing is J. does not like crackling, so I had to eat it all myself!

1482837964_pork_n_crackling.jpg

1482837991_pork_n_crackling_1.jpg

Latest posts