Victorian prospector unearths 145-ounce gold nugget

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure a lot of people work hard at it .Seasoned prospector or not first a golf ball sized nugget and then that tell me it's not lucky someone hasn't walked over that as just about any detector would pick them up at those depths.

Nope not luck... Lucky would be if it's his first time detecting and he just picked some random spot :D

There is no way would the ZED whisper on that Lump at 12", That thing would melt ya headphones at 2 feet, even a VLF would have screamed on that at 12 inches, there is a guy digging a 5 ozt at 30 inches on YT.

Reporters and their own twist to things and have no clue as to what any of the machines can do,

John.

IMO the real skill in this game, wether you're looking for gold or relics is swinging your coil over the right spot, one that contains what it is that you hope to find and hasn't been hammered clean already. Finding those spots is easier said than done. If he's been at it for 10yrs then that's not luck.. it's just rewards.
I don't deserve it yet, but some of you boys do and I hope it happens for you sooner rather than later.
Just remember to tell everyone you found it 200k's away from where you really did. :p

Ridge Runner said:
I think any target deserves a dig when you are Prospecting, And it's good to have a share out with ya mates.

Hmmmmm. Got me thinking now, I got a screamer in a goldfield, sounded like junk :| so I left it.
On a later trip Nenad had a couple of test nuggets, the .5 gram one sounded like my 'trash' target :(

paul_mac1 said:
Ridge Runner said:
I think any target deserves a dig when you are Prospecting, And it's good to have a share out with ya mates.

Hmmmmm. Got me thinking now, I got a screamer in a goldfield, sounded like junk :| so I left it.
On a later trip Nenad had a couple of test nuggets, the .5 gram one sounded like my 'trash' target :(

Don't worry Nenad will give it back, he's good like that :lol: :lol: :lol:

You gotta check them screamers, Coin shooting there is not much risk but Prospecting changes all the rules. aye.

John,

Hehehe! Its all about having fun...and IF there is a topless chick there, I didnt see her either, its funny the things we come up with after a glass or 2 of port :p :eek: :p

I totaly agree thinking about it if you found a nugget like that i think we all would be the same tell nobody anything as to where you were i know i wouldnt .you all know the story you find something at kingower and tell everyone you found in the whipsticks lol .but all the same gives us all hope it's still out there my turn next lol. :p

Latest posts