Looking to have a few nights away at the gold fields

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danmuss

Danny
Reaction score
Can anyone advise on wheres best to get a few nights B&B for me and my wife and little puppy, we need a time out from work life and have never prospected for gold (Metal detecting for gold) and just want to travel from Sydney CBD out west to the gold fields and have a little swing,

Just somewhere nice with Mountains lakes and waterfalls and big gold nuggets :lol: . and good for our pup to have a run around ?

Open to suggestions

Thanks mate, Something to consider and loved that video , no experience in sluice boxes but maybe one day, il show the wife and see :D

Open for any other suggestions if anyone has

Let me know if you decide to go out there, as I have a mate with a property on Mookerawa Rd adjacent to the park.
my wife and I often go out and stay there on weekends and if we are there at the same time I might be able to intoduce you to a few local prospectors. ;)

Good spot to explore the Turon/Sofala area for some gold detecting or panning etc.
Oh & missus + puppy friendly too! :D
Can recommend Mookerawa too. Camped there a couple of times.
Tanwarra Lodge just out of Sofala on the Turon looks ok too. No pets though.
There are motels & B&B type places in Hill End also but not sure about pets.

mbasko said:

I can vouch for Turon gates, I stayed here with the wife for over a week. It's an awesome place to stay.

There is camping facilities, however we stayed in one of the cabins (Eagles Nest)
A little pricey but we loved every minute.

As far as gold is concerned. The Turon runs through the property and there is some history and evidence of the Chinese being on the property back in the day.

Regards

Have to admit Turon gates looks perfect for us and our puppy. Loads to do and we have our own cabin, Thanks guys really thank ful for the help in finding use our time away :D :D :D :D

Latest posts